Why is there only a multiples section in parenting?

Gosh I can't even recall what forums we have where today ... try again!

Parenting is parenting and there are many areas for both journeys and although we know pregnancy can bring more questions the need for both would not be necessary so have combined. Both parents and expectant parents can use the section equally. This decision was made with members feedback in mind previously.

In my opinion there is absolutely no need or point in having a multiples section in the pregnancy area. Its perfect in the parenting area so you get experienced twin mums visiting often who are THE best people to turn to for advice. There may be a few non pregnant twin mums browsing the trimester forums (like I do) but mostly, unless they're pregnant too, probably not so many. So you've got mostly the wrong audience.

Having been pregnant with a singleton before my twins, they just don't compare. The pregnancy bit is mainly full of singleton mummies and while I'm not saying they don't have good advice to give expecting multiple mums, they definitely won't be as useful in an experienced sense.

I'm always looking through the trimesters and regularly pointing expectant twin mummies to the twin and multiples section, should they need or want specific twin related help or just company.

Thanks for your feedback.

I think the settings of the forum are fine and have proved to work (most definitely reaching the amount we want to warrant it open). Members need to browse the forum for it to work to their full advantage. Most parents to be will check out the other areas available to them on becoming parents for curiosity of many reasons.

Experience shows it's fine as it is and at this stage would not be introducing another forum section on this subject.

The need for a new forum section grows with the forum and this would not be top of the current list (created mostly by member feedback) but will add it for future consideration.

Wobbles :D

when I was pregnant with twins I would have enjoyed a section for pregnant with twins or triplets but I followed a few journals of other ladies who were pregnant with twins and we helped each other lots

of course the advice of your own ob or doctor overrules what is said here...especially with a high risk pregnancy like pregnant with multiples :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->