Why kids fidget in school

HopefulEm

Reaction score
This article makes me so sad. No wonder I am running into more and more moms who are homeschooling.

https://www.balancedandbarefoot.com/blog/the-real-reason-why-children-fidget

Thank you so much for posting this. We have an infant but I have known from before I met husband I wanted to homeschool and he is on the fence about it. I think he will get a lot from this article.

I'm a teacher and there's no way I would send my child to a standard public school. OK, that's a bit extreme. If she asked to go, we would discuss it and come up with a reasonable length of time she would need to commit to it if she chose to go. There's no way I would do it by default though.

i dont know....my LO moves all day long, like literally never sits unless its to eat, and he always fidgets at circle time in his preschool (which is only twice a week)

Not all schools are like this?

My childrens school have observed sitting crossed llegged is uncomfortable and in the earlier days they would get free play and outside play every 30mins! They are in years 4 and 6 now. They still go outdoors lots for fresh air,regular drinks and snacks and not 'sitting' most schools should have an ELSA nowadays to help the children struggling too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->