Why shouldn't I keep baby stuff in the house?

N

Neecee

I was chatting to a work colleague about my ebay success - got a travel system at a really good price. I told her I'm collecting it tonight and she said "But where are you going to keep it? You know you can't keep baby things in the house before it's born!"

I was like, huh?:huh:

So where am I supposed to store my baby stuff? Why am I not supposed to keep it in the house? She didn't really know why either, but I'm guessing it's something to do with superstition...?

its supposed to be bad luck, but i had the cot all set up drawers full of clothes etc before i had Ewan and he is a fine 3 rd old now.
And i will have it set up this time too!

yeah apparently its bad luck. ive kept a lot of stuff from ds being little up in the attic so to hell with superstition... what they want us to do take it out n put it into storage somewhere else the moment i get a bfp then bring em back here?

if you have the room then go 4 it!!!!!

its ment to be bad luck but i didnt really take much notice of it tbh, my pram is in the house but its still in its boxes!

Stupid superstition IMO.

Yeh my mums big into this but its only the pram so shes made me leave it at hers like i did with kaitlin!

Yeah it's just superstition. My MIL is driving me mad with it, I actually asked her where she stored all her baby stuff when having my hubby and she told me she kept it at her house. She can no longer moan coz we have baby stuff in the house hehe

That's what I thought! How on earth are you supposed to prepare space for baby if you can't keep all the stuff you need in the house? I thought it might be a load of balls. I don't do superstition anyway. I'll be sure to inform my colleague too!

Yup silly superstition imo, have only bought some baby boots so far but they are in the baby room! :happydance:

yeah like everyone says its meant to be bad luck. but ive had my pram in my room since i was 13 weeks so i really dont believe it lol
xx

Its just superstition! My husband is reeeeeealllllly superstitious which drives me crazy. But I've just started bringing stuff home - he can deal with it! We were a bit iffy about buying anything before 20 weeks, but once that came and went it seemed a lot easier x

Old wives tale-meant to be bad luck but we got most of our stuff in our nursery-the only thing is the pram is staying at my mum's til the baby here :shrug: Prob just as well as i would be playing with it constantly :rofl:

Yep it superstition hun... I left some stuff at mums until I was about 20 weeks mainly cos I didnt have the room and now its all in my house all set up and ready. Couldnt cope with not having it all in the house till baby was born i would have a breakdown running round getting everything set up !!

x

forget superstition... as soon as ~i get my bfp, im gunna be out buying baby stuff and making sure everything is ready for his/her arrival!

I think the pram will have to stay in the hallway unless we can maybe store it at my in-laws house. Space is at a premium for us, but I still have to bring it home and test everything out. I think we'll have to find a good storage place for it in the mean time anyway.

We're waiting til after my 22 week scan (they do everything 2 weeks late in Croydon:x) before we really start putting things together though.

I come from a very superstious family so i wont be having very much for bubba in the house !

My moses basket and a few other bits have gone to my sil although i do have the nappies and toiletries and a few clothes in the house now !!

My pram i wont be having at the house but thats because my dad has loads of space to store it !

My mum is the superstious one but has only ever mentioned how neevr to bring a brand new pram into the house before baby is born, everything else is fine according to her! So my pram is at MIL's and everything else is already here, I was going to bring my pram in but got all paranoid at the last minute, but I suppose thats how superstitions work!

Oooooh i didnt know about that :( Ah well :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->