Why shouldn't I keep baby stuff in the house?

My mum is the superstious one but has only ever mentioned how neevr to bring a brand new pram into the house before baby is born, everything else is fine according to her! So my pram is at MIL's and everything else is already here, I was going to bring my pram in but got all paranoid at the last minute, but I suppose thats how superstitions work!

So does it matter if it's not brand new?

It's just a silly superstition. Do what you want to do honey! x

I'm not superstitious, but the seed of doubt has been sown...

...dammit.

I thought it was only the pushchair/pram that you weren't supposed to have in the house till baby's born. When I'd previously bought one early I asked my Uncle to stick it in his loft for me coz I'd got it on offer when I was about 20wks....so he did. then hubby set it all up while I was in hospital:happydance:

I thought it was only the pushchair/pram that you weren't supposed to have in the house till baby's born. When I'd previously bought one early I asked my Uncle to stick it in his loft for me coz I'd got it on offer when I was about 20wks....so he did. then hubby set it all up while I was in hospital:happydance:

I wouldn't trust my hubby to set up the pushchair... I need to make sure it won't collapse on LO.

:rofl:I thought that but he did it without my permission and it's still ok 4 years on and on 2nd child:rofl:

Stupid superstition. I just don't get why people buy into completely irrational nonsense!

All my stuff is here, I love looking at it :D

:rofl:

Thats just silly superstition! I have it all pretty much set up in the house,and her nursery nearly ready...

In my opinion it's very stupid,where would I keep it all?!And how would I set it all up in time after the baby is born? :wacko:

My mum is the superstious one but has only ever mentioned how neevr to bring a brand new pram into the house before baby is born, everything else is fine according to her! So my pram is at MIL's and everything else is already here, I was going to bring my pram in but got all paranoid at the last minute, but I suppose thats how superstitions work!

So does it matter if it's not brand new?

Well I don't think so, because some people use the same pram they did for any previous children so they can't really move it out when they are pregnant!

I try not to be superstitious but it must run in my blood! :blush:

Well it's here now!!! It's all in pieces coz I'm going to clean it thoroughly this weekend. It's actually quite bulky for our little hallway, so we're going to keep some of it at my MIL's house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->