Why the hell am I being kept in!?!

amybe

Reaction score
I was admitted to hospital by my midwife yesterday as my bp was high, I had a headache & visual disturbances! My bp was 140/100, My bp has stayed high since I've been here ranging from 130/90 - 148/108, The consultant this morning said if it stays up we'll induce tomorrow...Well he's gone home now and I nearly passed out & my head started pounding about an hour ago and they checked my bp which was 148/108, She called for a doctor and he said 'Aah it's hot and your pregnant, I'm not concerned!' He then said it's up to the consultant but he thinks I should be able to go home tomorrow!! What!?! If I see my midwife with a bp like that she'll just send me straight back!?! I am fed up, this is the 3rd time in 3 weeks I've been admitted with high bp and I just keep going back and forth! Why the hell am I being kept in if my bp is spiking/I have a blinding headache & flashing lights, yet they aren't doing anything about it?? Furious and so confused!!

There's only one thing for it honey demand that they inducelike they said they would xx

Have they checked your urine for protein? My midwife checked mine and it was ++, then in hospital they sent it off for a full count. The cut off was 13, my levels were 60. That, along with high bp (135/100) they've diagnosed preeclampsia. The fact you have a headache and visual disturbances all adds to that. From my results, they've decided to do a c section Wednesday. I've got to go in every day for bp checks, and if they spoke more, it'll be an emergency c section. I can't believe with all those things, they're not inducing you!! I know my consultant wanted to wait till 38 weeks, but you're pretty much there. Have they even prescribed anything to try bring your bp down? Hope you feel better soon :( xx

Thanks, I had +protein at my midwife app and then just a trace when they tested at hospital...My blood tests are apparently all negative so it's just my high bp and headache now but yesterday they said I can't go home until the bottom number is below 90, Well today I asked what will happen tomorrow if it stays as it is and he said I can probably go home but that's up to the consultant not him, Well how is it that suddenly it's acceptable for my bp to be that high when it wasn't yesterday? Surely they could of just sent me home straight away if it was 'acceptable' but I'm pretty sure 148/108 isn't acceptable?? My midwife will go mad and just send me back if I go home! My husband will have no paternity leave left to spend with his new baby if this carries on as he's having to use it taking me to hospital all the time!!

That is strange, with dd2 my bp was elevated there was no protein in my urine but I was full term so they induced me. Guess it depends on your hospital

I was told it's not really dangerous until 160/110 (either side being over). I was also told to go in for headaches though. Mine is around 140/100 now and they've ordered the 24 hour urine (which I need to take in the morning to the hospital). If it shows protein over 300 they are going to monitor me closely (likely be admitted), but she thinks I can still hold out until the planned 37 week delivery. I would ask to be kept in and monitored just in case it does get worse since you do have several symptoms (plus you are nearly 38 weeks now).

I would not risk going home, so many things can go wrong, I would demand to be induced.

You clearly aren't comfortable with the idea of going home and so you shouldn't. You will just go home and worry, so better to monitored there.

Here they say they don't like it to go above 140/90

Well the consultant is due round in a few hours so I am going to try my best to ask to be induced, I know it's up to him but my bp has been steadily climbing for a few weeks now and I am on day 4 of having a headache with occasional flashes, I don't feel comfortable going home because I know I'll be sent back within a few days if it rises again which they say it tends to once you leave hospital...If I get sent home, I can't keep coming back! I live 45mins away and hubby has been using his paternity leave to look after our son whilst I'm here which will leave him no time with his new baby...Time will tell in a few hours and once my bp is checked again..x

Well fairly good news, I've been discharged BUT they said it's not fair I'm in head pain etc.. for a possible 3-4 more weeks...So I was given a sweep before I left, they've arranged another sweep for Monday and if things don't progress then I am being induced on the 12th...Excited!! Hope things get going soon though on their own, So I'm pretty happy with that :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->