Why the sudden change?

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
The past 2/3 nights, Harry has turned into the child from hell. He's really difficult during the day, but during the evening it's horrendous. Last night hubby ended up taking him out in the car because he was so bad. Tonight is just the same. He's been crying for no apparent reason since about 5pm, only stopping whilst in the bath - the second he was out... screaming again. Hubby is up there now, sat in the dark feeding him and trying to calm him down.

Today was bad too... I decided to take him out because he was so fussy and being in the car and the pram usually knocks him out - but not today. He cried the whole time and I ended up just coming home again.

He's fed about 3/4 times today, just small amounts - 1/2ozs at a time. He's also only had about 1 hours worth of sleep all day since 6am.

What on earth could have started this? Nothing has changed in the past 2/3 days? He doesn't seem to be poorly or anything. God help us next week when he has his jabs.

:hugs: no idea why babies do this but they seem to have phases, unfortunately this is completely different depending on the baby - hope he gets better soon.

Oh no. Sometimes don't you just wish they could talk? Does he look uncomfortable in any way? Is he spitting up more than normal or does he arch his back when feeding? Have you changed formula or bottle? Have you tried bouncing him in your arms on a big exercise ball? That was always the magic ticket with my LO.

I think I finally figured out what it is. We've been trying to wean him off boob and onto bottle for the past few weeks and he's been fine with it, but I think the past couple of days he's just missed boob quite a bit. Tonight I gave him some boob because that's always been the plan - boob in the morning and at night. He went nuts! I think he's been trying a little starvation protest today with the bottle. Anyhow - he's asleep at the moment and has been since 9pm, so fingers crossed that's the end of today's protests! I think this is going to be a battle of wills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->