Why wean early?

I would AlwYs follow baby's lead. My lo wasn't ready until six mths so we waited. Even then he wasn't overly bothered

I started weaning DS1 at 6 months. I started weaning DS2 at 17 weeks on medical advice due to his reflux & other problems. I was really concerned about weaning early... We've all heard about the possible future problems associated with early weaning. However, my mind was put at rest after a number of health professionals told me the same thing. There's no evidence to suggest any problems weaning from 17 weeks. The guidelines that we should wait until 6 months to wean are actually based on international guidelines aimed at third world countries where they need to encourage women to exclusively breastfeed for as long as possible due to what would be unhygienic weaning with risk of contamination. I was not aware if this as we are so indoctrinated to believe there are long terms risks to weaning before 6 months. So whilst I'm certainly not advocating everyone weaning early - most babies will certainly not need anything more than milk before 6 months - weaning early is certainly not as bad as we're led to believe... I was very judgemental of people who weaned early before. Now I'm far more open minded about ut

thats exactly what iv been told!:thumbup:

Wow didn't know this thanks :) we've also got an Alex and 11th sept is my birthday also

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->