Why won't she sleep...?!

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
Ok, so as the title says....

Its now 9pm and she still hasn't gone to sleep. I fed her around 5pm, and again at 7pm she had a little cat nap in my arms for about 30mins but as soon as i put her in the crib she wakes up and starts crying. I just fed her again at 8.30pm and she is quite happily wide awake in her crib just looking around......why won't she sleep?!?!?

I just know this means i am in for another rough night, she isn't hungry as every time i try and feed her she turns her head or just unlatches straight away.

Is this normal?

can't help I'm afraid, but your not alone, Jensen has been the same today - am exhausted!

Have just resorted to the dummy! Fingers crossed it works!

His eyes are closed, but he's not asleep yet

its sooo tiring isn't it, unfortunately Amelia already has the dummy but she won't take it, or if she does she just spits it out.

Fingers crossed once last dose of booby juice will do the trick!

I sooooo need some sleep (but i'm pretty sure most of us on here do!)

I know - my whole body aches!

He seems to have settled, so hope to get some sleep. Hope your LO settles for you x

why dont u do what
Younglutonmum done for her baby in the other thread but her nightie on the baby crib

ive been exactly the same last couple of nights.....

.....she just doesnt seem to do her long sleeps at the moment....

like your LO's she will happy sleep in my arms but go to put her in her moses basket she wakes and crys!!

ooooh i didnt see that younglutonmum did that.... good idea!! But for me i dont think its the smell of me... its the way I hold her right up close... and I think it might be my heartbeat that calms her!!

ive been exactly the same last couple of nights.....

.....she just doesnt seem to do her long sleeps at the moment....

like your LO's she will happy sleep in my arms but go to put her in her moses basket she wakes and crys!!

ooooh i didnt see that younglutonmum did that.... good idea!! But for me i dont think its the smell of me... its the way I hold her right up close... and I think it might be my heartbeat that calms her!!

I'm the same, I rest Kalea on my chest on her tummy and she's zonked in minutes. Put her down and she wakes up and screams!!!

It gets better if thats any help. I had the same problem but by 6 weeks he was much better and now at 3 months he goes to sleep on his own in his cot. The first 6 weeks are the toughest IMO. Baby is still so reliant on us.

Good luck, I hope things get better.

It gets better if thats any help. I had the same problem but by 6 weeks he was much better and now at 3 months he goes to sleep on his own in his cot. The first 6 weeks are the toughest IMO. Baby is still so reliant on us.

Good luck, I hope things get better.

please,please, please tell me what you did!!! i soooo want to get her to be less clingy...she is exactly as the other posters described!!! share your secrets (iwill pay!!!) did you try to keep putting your little one down, perseverve? how long did you let them cry for? i have so many questions...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why dont u do what
Younglutonmum done for her baby in the other thread but her nightie on the baby crib

I did try that last night and *touches wood* we both had a good night she only woke up twice properly to be fed (3am and 8am). Initially to get her to sleep i put her sleepily in her crib with the dummy and rubbed her forehead gently just above her nose, it really seemed to work and calmed her down into a deep sleep. (Warning though does make your arm ache i did it for about 5/10mins!)

I do wonder sometimes if the warmth of being held and then being put into a cold/cool crib might make them wake?

I do wonder sometimes if the warmth of being held and then being put into a cold/cool crib might make them wake?[/QUOTE]

i agree! could we wrap them in a blanket whilst feeding, then put them down with that blanket...could it be that simple???

ive got out her sleeping bag.... seems to be working so far....

she was happy to lay in her moses basket :)

could be the sleeping bag or maybe the big dirty nappy ive been waiting for since friday evening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->