Why...

Webbykinskt

Reaction score
... does OH's mum have to get my hopes up which then makes me come crashing back to reality.

First: She said it would be great for me and OH to move in together - then changes her mind.

Second: She said it would be great for me and OH to get married - then OH says he doesn't want to.

Third: She said she could see us starting a family next year - then OH says no way.

I love her to bits, but my god do conversations with her hurt. I can't win. :cry:

If only he listened to his mother... argh! :hissy:

You shouldn't listen to her anyway! Surely it's his decision whether he moves in with you, marries you or even starts a family with you! Yeah she can say she'd like it or not, but she's nothing to do with the decision! And you probably know what he wants a lot better than she does anyway...

You shouldn't listen to her anyway! Surely it's his decision whether he moves in with you, marries you or even starts a family with you! Yeah she can say she'd like it or not, but she's nothing to do with the decision! And you probably know what he wants a lot better than she does anyway...

I don't mind her opinion... it's just she says things that make me think what i'm not allowed to have e.g. babies & marriage. She just says how great it all is but I can't have it xx

Oh hunny, don't worry. I have mastered the art of ignoring my MIL. On the whole, they only have their own interests at heart and your OH will soon learn that. :hugs:

My MIL scares the bejeebus out of me! I think I'd probably faint if she brought up babies or marriage, lol!

El got drunk before the wedding and told his MIL that we would be having kids soon and she freaked! Sounds good to me, less time to spend with them. :rofl:

This all sounds so familiar - i've managed to get OH to marry me (we've been married 2 and a half years), but he's not budging on babies atm....however the MIL keeps going on about why dont we start having kids? She says she was 23 when she had her first, and I'm nearly 25 so its like she thinks i'm getting old! When i said OH isnt ready - HER OWN SON - she advised me to just stop taking the pill and have an "accident" xx

Ugh I so know what you mean. OH & I have a baby but his mum keeps talking about marriage and I don't want to talk about it because I'm feeling sore about not being engaged, lol. She told me she asked OH when we're going to get married and he said he didn't want to talk about it. Thanks, you're not even my MIL yet but you're making me feel like crap :( lol. It sucks bc she calls me her DIL and says she's my MIL, but I'm not and she's not and it makes me remember I'm not married or even engaged so it's so far off for her to be saying that :(

Ugh I so know what you mean. OH & I have a baby but his mum keeps talking about marriage and I don't want to talk about it because I'm feeling sore about not being engaged, lol. She told me she asked OH when we're going to get married and he said he didn't want to talk about it. Thanks, you're not even my MIL yet but you're making me feel like crap :( lol. It sucks bc she calls me her DIL and says she's my MIL, but I'm not and she's not and it makes me remember I'm not married or even engaged so it's so far off for her to be saying that :(

We're going through the exact same thing... :hugs: only you have a gorgeous little girl :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->