Wiccan Influenced names?

mysteriouseye

Pregnant with No.3
Reaction score
I just want something with a real wiccan feel to the name? Any ideas?

My niece (who turned out to be a nephew) was going to be named Rhiannon Sage. I always thought it was really pretty. Most of the Celtic deity names are nice, too.

Oh interesting I didn't know there were names associated with this...sect? Religion? Group? I'm going to follow this!

I was also going to suggest Raven - and I LOVE the name Sage/Saige. Hm... I also love Willow.

Love raven for a girl. Doesn't sound right with our surname :-(

I'm not a wiccan so these probably aren't officially "wiccan" names but I'm very into celtic stories/folklore and these all spring to mind when I think of pagan/celtic names.

Boys:
Rowan
Taran
Lugh (lou)
Loghlin (lox-lun)

Girls:
Bridget
Willow
Nimue (nim-away)
Iris
Elowen
Diana
Marsaili (mar-sal-ee)
Vivienne

I consider myself eclectic pagan and I tend to choose names relating to mythology and stones.
A guilty pleasure of mine is Trinity, obviously linking to the triple Goddess. I've always thought it would great for a girl who will grow up to embody the maiden, mother and crone.
Inanna and Morrigan are beautiful names from great Goddesses.

Boy names are harder, I tore my hair out with mine, but others have great suggestions and I love Jasper, Raven (its always felt masculine to me), Phoenix, Solstice (nn Sol), Equinox (nn Nox, Quin). You could honour the horned God with: Herne, Cern, Hart(ley), Pan, Oak(ley) Actaeon, Athos. Most would be good middle names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->