Will be so greatful for any suggestions

Baby Fever

Reaction score
My husband and I have been trying to start a family since June with no luck. I can't help but feeling discouraged at this point. I am 26 years old and he is 27. We both smoke (plan to quit) but other than that I would consider us to be quite healthy. I hardly ever have a predictable menstrual cycle which makes trying to figure out when or even if I'm ovulating frustrating beyond belief and on top of that every time my period is late, which happens often, my husband just assumes I'm pregnant and it is just heart breaking when I have to tell him I'm not....AGAIN. I would love any tips or advice on trying to conceive. I think at this point we are willing to try anything. We are trying to wait a full year before we make any fertility appointments. Thank you

Hi hon im in the same boat - 26 aswell, been ttc since feb with no luck. was just ntnp for the first few months but when nothing happened, started to use ovulation sticks. im glad i did because i discovered i was ovulating much later than i had previously expected - even so, still no luck but have tracked all my periods and they are ranging from 33 days to 45 days so not good really. I know what you mean about being late though and assuming pregnancy, its awful when that happens my o/h does it too :( i think alot of girls on here find charting their temps most reliable but i have not tried that method yet. You could use ovulation sticks, start temping/charting and obviously be having sex at all the right times based on your findings! Good luck xxxx

I'm with Leafy! Do you chart your BBT or use opks? Charting will be really helpful to pinpoint when you're ovulating and trying to find a pattern in your body. And opks will help you possibly catch your surge/egg to BD at the right time!

PS- My DH and I are on cycle 3 and mine is the same way. He always talks as if he knows it happened and I'm pregnant. It doesn't help that I have a really fertile family and he always assumes I'm the same way. I was hoping I would be, but so far, I'm not!! I guess we'll see what happens :)
But last month when AF came, I was feeling kinda down and he said, "Don't worry babe, it's only our first month trying." I was like..."uhhh, where were you last month!?! This is our second month trying...." MEN! :dohh:

Oh hun it's sucks but like the other ladies said try to use things that will help you out like opks or charting. Sending you lots of luck x

Hey Hun,
Me and Hubby were trying for.. about 7months:flower:

I found that Ovulation Sticks were Brilliant.:thumbup:
You can get paper strip Ovulation tests on Ebay for Literally £5 for 30 odd tests, There just as effective as the more pricey ones.

Clearblue Fertility monitor: I have heard there Brilliant! Bought one in my Last cycle, and before i got to use it i got my BFP. They give you your 6most fertile Days a pose to the Ovulation tests only giving you 1/2ish days! Says its ment to increase your Chances of Conception by 89%! :winkwink:

We were using Normal Lube (durex or ann summers stuff)
Which we didnt realise forms a Complete barrier for the Sperm, so they find it a really struggle to get threw!
We used, "Conceive Plus" Sperm friendly,water based lube that so say helps the sperm get to the right place!
We only used this for about 2months before conceiving!:happydance:

People take there Temp etc.. but i wouldn't recommend doing all.. Temping, Charting, Ov testing, monitors... I think sticking to 1 or 2 things is enough, otherwise it becomes a Chore and does get quite straining and stressful!:dohh:

BEST of Luck!
You'll get there hun x :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"