Will he start sleeping through again.....

penguin77

Pround mummy of 2 :-)
Reaction score
Hi,

Jac has been sleeping through since 9 weeks and has been going from 8pm till 7.30am. In the last week and a half he's started waking in the night a few times, not fully awake but really restless usually for an hour or so....and waking up earlier. He He hasnt seemed satisfed during the day either....the hungry milk did work for a bit but it doesnt seem to make much difference now.

So yesterday he was 17 weeks so i started him on baby rice.....he didnt take much but took some. Tried again today and he seemed to want more and i think he ended up taking about 2-3 spoonfuls...hard to judge. He probably would have taken more but i didnt want to give him too much too soon.

The question i have is...will he start settling better during the night again for me now like he used to......what's your experience with this?
If so...when is he likely to settle agian?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanx
xx

Oh....i forgot to mention...ive given him his baby rice at approx 10am about 15 mins before his 2nd feed of the day.....shoudl i give it to him at teatime instead? just a thought.

Please dont get me wrong....i'm not selfish and just thinking of my beaty sleep.....i just dont want this bad habit to start...because if it continues i'll have to put him in his own room and i really didnt want to do that till he is 6 months....but i might have to as he's keeping me awake for long periods of time.

xxx

Yeah, give him it at dinner time instead :)

I just started weaning Isobel. I gave her mashed banana max 3tsps at dinner time (4ish) and this is the third day, still not sleeping through yet. She still wakes up at 3/4am for a 7oz bottle... however last night it was 4am and night before was 3am... so it's getting later..

luisa was sleeping through at 9 weeks and i started weaning at 17 weeks.. (for many reasons one being weight loss) but she had also started waking in the night again

it worked for 4 weeks (she is now on 3 meals a day)

but she is waking again now now cos she is hungry but because she is teething!

try it at teatime and see if it helps xxx

I ahve found that weaning has made no difference to my LOs sleeping -she still wakes up and she has two meals each day - sometimes three. However, Amelia has never slept all night with any consistency so that may be different!

Leo never slept through the night and I started weaning him at just under 3 months (due to reflux) I started him after his teatime bottle on about i tablespoon of baby rice.....he quickly told me he wanted more!

He is now 4.5 months and on 3 meals a day, teatime meal with dessert and 4 7 oz bottles:wacko: he still isnt sleeping through un disturbed! exept for last night.....but I think this is more to the fact I put him to bed later than normal (9pm) and have just started him on goodnight milk (recommended by HV) SOOOOOO this could be why! Hope it continues!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->