Will I ever feel normal again?

lizziemc

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I had a beautiful baby girl 8 weeks ago. She is about as perfect as a baby can be. She is so quiet, sleeps 7 hrs every night and smiles at me constantly. Her dad is smitten and really good with her and does more than his fair share.
My problem is that I have no interest in resuming our sex life. I had a very long painful labour which resulted in an epistiotomy and stitches. I seem to have healed up ok but am scourged with piles now. I love my husband so much but I dread the thoughts of us sleeping together again. I only breastfed for a week because I just felt so week and ill and I've been feeling very guilty ever since. I also had a car crash a few weeks before the birth which shook me to the core. I've spoken to my husband about all this and he said that he understands how tramatic the birth, the bfeeding and the crash were and that there's no rush and we can take our time. He's so understanding. I want to want to have sex again, I just don't think I ever will.

You've had a lot go on recently. :hugs: Good on him for understanding! Maybe take things slowly instead of just going all out? Like have a family member or friend watch the baby for an evening and go out to dinner, etc like you did while dating, and rekindle the romance that way. Do things that remind you why you were attracted to him before. But it is a hard adjustment for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->