Will I EVER get positive OPK??

Batchelorette

Reaction score
Hi ladies- I am ttc #2 after a m/c and d&c on September 17. I waited for first AF to start TTC and have been using OPK since day 10. Today is day #17 and still no smiley face on CBE. I've always had regular cycles, so it's not normal for me to o so late. I am soooo scared that I am not going to o this month and really want to get :bfp: . Anyone experience the same thing?

yup, I am right there with you! No positive OPK yet and I am now on CD 20. It is taking forever! It is oh so frustrating and there is like nothing to be done about it which drives me nuts. I almost want to give up on the OPKs all together but got a pos one last month (on CD 33) so I know it can happen.
How are you hanging in?

Thanks, SammieGrace. It's really hard-- I am trying to stay hopeful, but I've read so much about women not o'ing after d&c. I have thought about giving up because I am getting stressed out, but I will keep going this month til I get AF. Are you temping? I was thinking maybe I should start next month.

Hun dont give up i have just ovulated after my 2nd mc on cd23 altho for me this isnt unsual cos i have irregular cycles but im sure you will ov just a bit later.

After my 1st mc i ovulated on cd35!!!! and still managed to conceive but sadly lost that baby too :(

But im sure you will ov just a few days later hun, best of luck xxxxx

ive never had a positive opk :( i went to gynae clinic a few weeks ago and the lady i saw banned me from using them lol! said they're a waste of money and id stress myself out more. id hang in there and keep testing for a few more days - u may just be ovulating later than normal this month. our bodies do crazy things after mc, my cycles are still up the wall 9 months on xx

Hi Bachelorette,
I have been temping but have missed the last couple days because I haven't been sleeping 3 solid hours before I woke up. So I know that they would not be accurate. I am so sorry about the D&C. I had one also when I had my MMC and it was pretty awful. My husband was with me but I hope never to experience anything like that again.

Thanks for the support ladies. Sammie- d&c is definitely the worst experience-- I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! No positive OPK today (cd18). I think I got my hopes up because I got first AF only about 3 1/2 weeks after d&c which made me think my body was going back to normal quickly-- but looks like my hormones are screwed up after all!

Also been hard b/c DH and I agree that we are ready to ttc, but he doesn't really want to hear about all of my OPK drama, EWCM and temping....LOL! Thank goodness I found this forum:winkwink:

Hi Batchelorette,
I am still with you, CD 21 and no positive OPK. There was a pink second line this time though so I am hoping that maybe tomorrow will be a positive....wishful thinking, but I can dream. I know how it is for the DH to be good with TTC and distinctly uninterested in the process stuff (OPKs, CM, temps). He tries to be good natured about the whole thing but I know he isn't really into all of that. I just am praying for my cycle to get shorter, as 40 days is a long time to wait...
What are you doing to take you mind off of it? I have been studying for a midterm tomorrow. Hubby and I also just fed and gave a towel to the poor pathetic kitty who has taken to sleeping on the rocking chair on our porch. He is allergic, but likes the cat in spite of it all. :)

Sammie- your DH sounds like such a sweetie!:awww:

I didn't realize we were right around the same times in our cycles. I am CD19 and nothing yet-- hopefully we both o this weekend which would give us plenty of time to BD! I work long hours which helps to distract me and I have 15 month old DD who is a handful! Even with all of that- all I can think about is getting prego again...I think it's my way of coping with the M/C.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MID-TERM----and hope you o this weekend. Let me know what happens!!!

I ovulated a week later than normal my first cycle after the MC. It just takes a while for your body to get back to normal.

Hey,
Thanks! I think the midterm went really well and in even better news I finally got a positive OPK, a big fat smiley face! On CD 22! And we BD a bit ago so everything is looking good! I am really hoping that this time will be it! You're DD sounds wonderful! What did you name her, if you don't mind me asking? And how did you chose it? I love names. :)

YIPPPPEEEEE! So happy for you :) Lots of :dust: your way this weekend. So exciting!

DD is Olivia. It's the only name me and DH agreed on. I wanted something classic....some other names we threw around were Mackenzie, Leah, Amanda....my favorite boy name is Aiden. Maybe one day....

Olivia is a beautiful name, I love it!
So how are you doing? Any signs of O thus far? Still OPK'ing? I had a temp rise this morning so I think that means I really did O, and we put ina good try this tie so will see what happens! Plans for Halloween today? We will be handing out candy to all the little kiddies in the neighborhood. <3 Courtney

Hi Sammie! Just cheking in- no smiley face yet-- today is day 23 (I'm starting to lose count!:dohh: Still hoping and praying for an o soon. So are you officially in the 2WW?? How exciting! What are you doing to take your mind off the wait??

Hey! Yes, I am officially in the 2WW now. I am trying not to think about it, but it is so tough. A close friend of DH and I just told us that they are pregnant with their second. They have a beautiful little boy already, and I really don't want to be jealous but I do kind of wish it was me. I am trying to think positively about this cycle and hope that will help pass the time. I have school work so that takes up my time as well. I have been doing some painting at my internship (just walls) and that has been therapeutic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->