Will I start cramping?

Wishing89

Mama to one beautiful DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies, just started bleeding a bit. I'm currently only 5weeks and 6 days. I've known that I have a non-viable preganancy for a few days now so I've come to terms with it and now I was just waiting to start bleeding.

My question is this early on will I start cramping? I'm at work at the moment and I can't really go home because I don't want to say anything to the bosses about what is going on.

Will this just be like a period??? TIA

It's hard to say. It depends on the person and the particular miscarriage. My first loss was at 12 weeks and I had horrible cramps. It was as bad as the early stages of full-term labour. My other losses were at 9ish weeks and I only got moderate cramps. Not even as bad as a period. But I have read stories here of girls with early losses still getting bad cramps. You're not super far so maybe it won't be so bad, but I would recommend going home. I know you don't want to talk to your bosses about it but even an early loss can have a lot of blood loss and require medical intervention. If you bleed through a pad within an hour you really, really should go to the ER.

Take care, hun. And I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope your body takes it easy on you.

Hi,
I've had a loss at 6 weeks and a loss at 12 weeks.
I'd say you can expect a slightly more painful experience than a period, but if it happens nice and quickly shouldn't be too terrible. Also the blood loss can be quite significant, so prepare yourself for that. Advise I would give you is to stay active and help your body discharge.
Sounds like you're being very brave, hope this all goes as easily as it can for you. xx

Thank you ladies. I'm still only spotting really though and when I wipe it's kinda browny coloured stuff. I've actually been trying to take it easy because I'm scared of it coming heavy but I have the weekend off work so I'll probably be quite a bit more active then when I'm at least more comfortable at home.

And I'm so sorry to both of you Starry Night and Eternity 1 for your losses. When I get upset about what is happening I try to be thankful it's happening now and not at 12 weeks. I don't know how I would cope then at all. You would have to be such a strong person xx

Has anyone considered dong quai to induce the M?

I bought some in December when I went off depo and really think I probably wouldn't have had a period come back without it given what everyone says about depo.

I'm really thinking about it. I have a round of provera too but that might shoot my progesterone back up and prolong the agony.
I know I see the doctor tomorrow but they don't usually get into homeopathic remedies. What do you ladies think?

You may not cramp at all, I lost last week at 8 weeks 6 days, the day after going for a scan and seeing our baby it's heart beating away but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. I haven't had any pain at all but just lots of bleeding so its hard to say, but don't be affraid to tell your boss what your going through as you may need time off as the m/c starts as I know I couldn't of gone to work in the first few days of my loss as the bleeding was really heavy like double the amount of my regular monthly period and still really bad a week on.
Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->