Will my birth control fail?

nadupoi

Reaction score
Currently trying not to get pregnant as the situation isn't ideal. However, we're a little worried because we had a slip up and :sex: on saturday. What makes it bad is that I'm currently taking medicine for a UTI. And I have been for a week. Of course that didn't cross our minds.:dohh:

We also :sex: 2/3 days before I started the medicine. (but none other than that) But I might have to take more because I don't think it's gone.

I go back tomorrow and I'm going to ask them if the medicine would mess with my bc pills, but i hope not!! Wish me luck!

If its antibiotics they can make ur pill ineffective... hope all is well:hug:

Princessttc is completely correct. I work in the medical field and we had to tell patients when we prescribed them antibiotics that they could not have alcohol and (for female patients) that the birth control is not guaranteed to be effective.

I would advise you to take an HPT if your period turns out to be late. Whatever happens, happens because it was meant to happen. Baby or no baby. I wish you luck and the result you want, keep us posted dear? :hugs:

Also hun, when you have a UTI intercourse can aggravate it, best to avoid babydancing until your symptoms improve, drink lots of water and urinate as often as you feel the need, need to flush it out.

Thanks for your replies.

I wasn't sure if bd would bother that. I figured if it was uncomfortable then we wouldn't go through with it. Or if there was too much friction. So thank you. I'm glad you told me that! I do drink water and juice a lot. I love cranberry juice. And I don't wait to use the restroom. I'm prone to UTI's so it's not news to me.

Sorry to hear you're prone to them, but glad to know you're versed in what to do! :)

Antibiotics do stop your pill from working so it's possible you could have got pregnant xx

Would I be likely to miss this period? I started taking the antibiotics the 2nd week of my pack.

If you aren't pregnant, you shouldn't miss your period.......I bet you can guess the rest! :D wishing you luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->