will my friend be annoyed, bab name?

catty

Reaction score
Hi so iv seen lots of threads where people are upset as others have used there name. anyway i seen an old friend from school the other day, we used to be really good friends but now only see each other a few times a year.
Anyway she asked me what names we were thinking of and i told her 2 names, one of the names she said she loved and its a name shed use if she has a boy. it felt almost like she was asking me not to use it.
me and my boyfriend are fairly certain we will use this name should i let her know or just wait for birth, also would u be annoyed if it was you? Shes not pregnant and its a pretty unusual name.

i say go for it. you barely see each other, shes not even pregnant, she already knows its a contender as you told her it was out of two names.
and personally she doesnt have a right to be upset if you use it because who's to say she will ever actually have children or if she does there is no garuntee she will have a boy so there for if she did actually ask you not to use it and you didnt for her sake you could end up kicking yourself later in life for not using it on the possibilty she might have a boy in the future.

go for it.

so you told her the name and THEN she said I like that name? and shes not even pregnant?

then its your name really - she cant object because she knew you where going to use it

its only ever a slight issue the other way round

so if she said the name and THEN you said i like that i might use it

Yeh she asked what i liked and i said we were between 2 names and she said 1 of the names was what she wanted to call her son. i think if it he looks like that name we will call him it as i dont feel i have stolen it or anything

Are you kidding. Not even pregnant first there is no dibs on names especially when you told her YOUR names not the other way around. I chose Callie foreverrrrrrr for years and thought Id never get pregnant again. My bestfriend had twins almost two years ago and just couldnt come up with her daughters name and really wanted to use Callie. I love her to death and said of course! She gave her my middle name as well. :blush: Now that I am pregnant it doesnt even bother me because I didnt even want to use it anyways. LOL

I would still use the name as well. Afterall it's the name you fell in love with before your friend even asked. She still may use it one day though. Possibly she wants reassurance that that would be okay. Or maybe she'll be upset. Either way you have first dibs and she never said don't use it. Sounds more like she wants to see if you'd be okay with it. I actually think it's cute when 2 friends have the same name. My son's 2 closest friends in elementary school had the same name. It was cute hearing him say I'm going to Luke and Lukes to play. :)

I'd use it without a doubt. Whatever name I like will be my babies name. There aren't often many u and oh will agree on for starters! The only time I may not is if a close friend had it / had plans to use it. If my best friend called her son the same as my Ds, I honestly, hand on heart, would be be honored! Sorry for ranting on but it bugs me how people feel they own the rights to a name.

Go with ur gut! :thumbup:

Ok thanks i feel much better now!! i mean iv only seen her twice this year so even if she did use it in the future it wouldnt bother me at all and il be having my baby in the next 10 weeks or so, that name might not be something she even likes by the time its her turn.

Thanks, we were speaking about names again yesterday and we are pretty decided on this one:)

Definately use it! If you had met up and she was pg and told you that name then it's different. But like a PP said, there is no guarantee she will have children or that it will be a boy or that her OH will decide on it too! Go ahead, there is usually more than one person in the world with a name anyway, and it's not like you are close friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->