Will my stomach go back to normal after my c section?

Louppey

Reaction score
Ok so potentially a vain question, but I had a c section last Tuesday and since then where my skin is really loose & baggy I have like an "overhang" over my c section scar. Will my stomach skin shrink back and get rid of this overhang?

Also the skin on my stomach is super sensitive and almost painful where all my stretchmarks are, is there anything I can put on it to relieve it?

Thanks ladies :flower:

Congratulations!

I'm an overweight lady so I do have an overhang still. Hopefully someone else can answer for you although I'm not sure the overhang ever completely disappears.

x

Thanks mrsraggle :) I guess I'm not expecting it to go but my DH kees saying it will. So I worry that he'll be disappointed if it doesn't :(

Hiya, such early days please try not to even think about it at the moment.I had a c section and my stomach is nice and flat-it was flat before pregnancy though, so don't know if that makes a difference.Also-i remember the skin being like crepe paper and worrying that would never go, but now it's normal again. You must give yourself time though, mine took a good few months to improve :)

Hiya, such early days please try not to even think about it at the moment.I had a c section and my stomach is nice and flat-it was flat before pregnancy though, so don't know if that makes a difference.Also-i remember the skin being like crepe paper and worrying that would never go, but now it's normal again. You must give yourself time though, mine took a good few months to improve :)

Thanks babyblog! I wouldn't worry so much but DH keeps stressing me out saying it'll go back. It's very much like crepe paper lol so you have given me hope!

I should add DH is not saying it to stress me out, I think he's saying it to be nice!

i had overhang with my natural birth which lasted a good month before tightening up dont worry about it its still early days :)

Sorry no c-section myself but my mom had a whopping 3 of them and the only thing you can see are her scars and some stretch marks! Don't worry too much :)

I'm 5 months on and my tummy still has that slight overhang, but getting better, the sensitivity is your nerve endings healing it goes within a week or 2 xx

Thanks everyone! I know I should stop worrying but I'm a worry wort lol. I don't care how my tummy looks, my LO was worth it :D :cloud9: I just worry my husband won't like it but I'm sure he loves me all the same.

Im exactly the same! I had my section on the 31st Jan and the skin on my stomach is still really tender and much more sore than the scar etc. The skin also looks like crepe paper and is pretty gross still but the tenderness and numbness is my main problem right now. I hope that improves soon!

My belly overhangs too but I think that's normal due to the muscles needing to knit back together. I don't expect to see any real improvement until I can start exercising again, then I plan to do all the core strength exercises to try and build up strength and hopefully shrink the area!

I have had 3 c/s and I still had the overhang after DS 8yr ago (Im a uk8 so not overweight) but it was only slight I could quite easily wear a bikini. I also still had numbness after so long.

This time I still have it too but I know it will go down. You are still only early on xx

I had a CS with DD and it took a few months plus loads of excercise but I had a flat tummy again. This time round I am nearly 4 weeks PP and the overhang has nearly gone but I still have a little bit of a baby belly and my skin is crinkled, I expect this to tone and go in about 8 months or so.

Dont start doing anything other than pelvic floor until yoyr 6 week check up though as you could setyour healing back :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->