Will my supply survive if I feed once a day?

Pearls18

Reaction score
My son is 7 months old, we recently started combi feeding alongside weaning, we are now down to only 1-2 feeds a day, 5am and usually about 7am. The 5am one is everyday sometimes a bit earlier but he always seems to get something (he is not a comfort feeder AT ALL, so I know he wouldn't stay on if there wasn't anything there) I understand the 7am feed might not last as he doesn't always want it so my supply could be affected there. But if I am only feeding him once a day, but it happens everyday without fail, will my body continue to produce this? I am happy to keep this feed going (especially as I am too lazy to make a bottle in the night lol) I just worry it's such a small amount my body will stop altogether...

My dd1 was older 18 months when I dropped from 2 to 1 feed a day and did this successfully for a few months. Hope it works for you too

My dd1 was older 18 months when I dropped from 2 to 1 feed a day and did this successfully for a few months. Hope it works for you too

same here.
we got it down to 3 feeds a day around 16 months and soon after 2 feeds a day.

Now at nearly 22 months, she still feeds either once or twice a day, before her nap (sometimes we skip it if she doesn't nap) and before bed. So far no problem with the supply, even for the feed before her nap. I even had an oversupply a few weeks ago when lo decided to drink less in one feeding.

I wouldn't worry, especially if your lo is feeding at the same time every day.

I did this with a night feed with dd1 and it only lasted about a month (ish) but she wasn't feeding at the same predictable time, just sometime in the night so maybe that had something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->