Will my vigina ever be normal again?

loulouamy

Reaction score
I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 23 days ago, it was a hard delivery with a vacuum, the doctor said I was lucky that I only needed two stitches after the birth, the next morning I knew something didnt feel right and when another doctor checked said I needed two more stitches with was traumatic having to go through more fiddling around after the delivery the night before....

at 9 days after birth I took a look with a mirror and saw that right at the opening of my vagina there was a stitch but under that there was a hole, I went to the hospital but they said it all looked fine and it would heal and if it didnt they would re stitch AGAIN at six weeks.... I have been in so much pain and have always been a very slow healer so am dreading having to go through the healing process again.

The thought of maybe getting re stitched after I have healed has been upsetting me so last night I took another look and to my horror the first stitch has fallen out and now I am left with what looks like a large opening... I sobbed for a full hour, hubby had to calm me down and I was awake all night because I am so upset...

I was back at the GP AGAIN three days ago and he now says I have an infection even after taking VERY good care to be clean etc and I am on two anti biotic and steroid cream.

my question is, do things continue to heal after the stitches fall out or is that it??? am I left with what I have now??? I feel so guilty that I am so upset at the magical time but I cant stop crying over my vagina!!!

Yep, it will heal, it will just take slightly longer. If your stitches come open after a few days, they will just leave you to heal naturally anyway. I had the same thing and slowly but surely it came together.

Can I ask... How long it took to heal? ( I know everyone different but want to know average time) also when did you and OH have sex again? Were you fully healed first?

I had a lot of stitching/tearing. No vacuum but my son was almost 9lbs, got stuck a few times, and just... big, lol. I also tore a stitch at 2 weeks after and my doctor said it wasn't enough to re-stitch. When I first looked, I did the same thing as you, cried all night and was convinced everything was ruined. So I decided after that to ignore that part of my body (except for hygiene and kegels LOL) and didn't even check again until my 6 week check up when the doctor gave me the clear. He said everything looked good and I almost didn't believe him.

I don't know how, but everything is completely the same as before. I think I might even have better muscle tone. This is probably more than you wanna know, but sex actually kind of hurt a bit. Not terribly, but enough to make me wonder how on earth a giant baby could fit through but... yeah.

I did wait til I was fully healed, especially with that stitch, but the wait was worth it. I think it helped with the healing. That and the kegels, lol. And I used witch hazel (Tucks) pads every day until it stopped hurting... I think at least a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->