Will supply dry up if I use formula just for bed/ night feed?

Snowleopard79

Reaction score
I have very recently used formula for bed and occasional night feed. For a variety of reasons I won't go in too. Will my supply dry up??? I am still BF for day feeds 4-5 feeds plus expressing 4-5 Oz each morning. I don't want my milk to slow and stop, will it????

Thank you

The body is an amazing thing and will recognise that you dont need milk at that time of day but do at others. It wont affect your supply at any other time of day.

You may find your supply dwindling, as the time when the body produces the most prolactin (which stimulates milk supply) is between is during the night, around 12-3am, so if you can help it, i'd feed during that time!

Ideally it will just drop to suit the needs of your baby however with my first born once I introduced formula for more than 1 feed my supply pretty much disappeared.

You may find your supply dwindling, as the time when the body produces the most prolactin (which stimulates milk supply) is between is during the night, around 12-3am, so if you can help it, i'd feed during that time!

Thank you, maybe I will express a little before bed and often when he feeds at night he has a bottle and then a little boob, so maybe that will help keep it going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->