Will they dismiss my job application?

Oh well done that's brilliant, get practicing your STAR competency examples, the last uni I worked at LOVED these types of questions.

Fantastic news, good luck! If you like I can copy and paste and PM you the interview prep/advice sheet that we send to candidates?

Good luck! Glad to hear you got an interview:) I think it depends on the hiring people at each location with how strict they are about the criteria they post. For example, my position is always posted as needing a minimum of 3-5 yrs experience to be considered. But we've hired people straight out of school before if they were the best candidate of the ones interviewed, so sometimes the criteria can be bent a bit if the person has other qualifications that are superior to the other candidates.

Sooo...I got the job!! I wanted to thank you all again for your help, especially icklemonster for the interview prep sheet :flower:

The only thing that gives me pause for thought is that it's 5 days a week. I currently work 4 days in the office and one day at home so I get an extra day with my boy. I'm worried I'd regret not having that time anymore, but on the other hand, being happier in my job is such an incentive to take it. Hmm.

Congratulations!! With the time you cut off travel does it compensate for the extra day?

Thank you! Katherine, it would, mostly. I don't get home until he's in bed two nights a week, which is hard. I would get home about an hour and a half earlier in this job, which would be lovely.

Congratulations!

See how it goes and in six months to a year you could ask to reduce hours.

Get celebrating!

Wooo well done! Congratulations 👏 that's amazing news.

Ahh this is amazing news! Huge congratulations hun. Glad the interview prep sheet was helpful! I agree on taking the role and in 6 months or so (once you have proved yourself) ask to reduce your hours/work from home etc if you think you need to x

Thank you all. LoveCakes and icklemonster, that's just what I was thinking too. On balance the positives outweigh the negatives, so I'm really happy to have got it. No more District Line, woohoo!

Congratulations! That's great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->