• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will they say no to ivf because of my weight?

MrsKitty

Reaction score
So I am due to see FS this week and previously he advised if I was not pregnant by time I saw him next we would start ivf in November. He wanted me to lose weight and to do a low carb and low sugar diet. When I weighed myself I was heavier than what I thought (had been avoiding scales), so I have lost weight but I am still heavier than what they have on record as my weight. I need to lose 2.5 stone to be the higher end of a healthy bmi for me, I am not massive a uk 12 but I do fall into higher end of over weight bmi. What is worrying me along with everything about the whole process is that he may say no to doing ivf because of my weight or may put it off. I have stuck to the low carb etc but the whole stressful experience of ttc has hindered my loss. Will they say no to ivf because of my weight? We are going private not nhs.

I would appreciate any advise or sharing of similar experience as I am feeling so anxious right now :wacko:

As far as I know if your private then it should be ok?? Suppose it depends on your clinic's policy.
I had to lose 3 stone for NHS referral, it was really hard and took me just over a year with the help of Slimming World. I had to get below BMI 30 to get approved for it but that was NHS xx

As far as I know if your private then it should be ok?? Suppose it depends on your clinic's policy.
I had to lose 3 stone for NHS referral, it was really hard and took me just over a year with the help of Slimming World. I had to get below BMI 30 to get approved for it but that was NHS xx

Thank you for responding! 10 lbs would get me under bmi of 30. I really want to get my weight down and have lost a bit but as it turned out I had more to lose than I thought, I am so worried as to what he is going to say. Well done for losing the weight!

I have so much to think about other than the weight loss my head is spinning.

The more I read the more I think I am going to be sent away to get bmi under 30. :cry:

I know some places do turn women away when it comes to weight...or they tell them to come back when they lost so much...but my doctor is all for me going and doing IVF. I have thyroid issues and PCOS so its harder for me to lose weight...and it explains why i have gained so much...but it doesnt help that i dont eat right all the time or exercise. :/ I hope you get to do IVF!! Ive heard great outcomes from IVF. have you done any other treatments or testing...like IUI...follicle scan or anything like that?

I know some places do turn women away when it comes to weight...or they tell them to come back when they lost so much...but my doctor is all for me going and doing IVF. I have thyroid issues and PCOS so its harder for me to lose weight...and it explains why i have gained so much...but it doesnt help that i dont eat right all the time or exercise. :/ I hope you get to do IVF!! Ive heard great outcomes from IVF. have you done any other treatments or testing...like IUI...follicle scan or anything like that?

Hi thank you for replying! The good news is he did not even mention my weight and we will be starting IVF November unless nature decides to do its thing before. I stressed so much over past few days about the weight thing. I have not had any other treatments but we have been preping on advise with various vitamins and dhea. It is hard losing weight and ttc so with your thyroid as well! I did have follicle scan bloods etc and oh had sa, no real issues other than I do not have all the time in the world to try due to egg reserve. What about yourself?

I'm glad they didn't turn you away!! I was afraid they would with me too :) thankfully they are all for going ahead with IVF! Our issues are just me...I have pcos and thyroid issues...thyroid is under control. FiNALLY! Hubby is just fine. We have done 3 cycles of clomid (no ovulation)...femera for 7 cycles...and did 2 IUI's...injections and nothing has worked. I was ovulating and hubby was fine...but no bfp :( I don't ovulate without meds pretty sure. So IVF is our next step the doctor said. We were hoping we wouldn't get to this point since we cant afford it...but we will make it work! Cant wait! November isn't to far way for you! That's exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->