will this make him ill?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Last night i prepared little ones bottles, i have his bottles sterilised, formula put in little tubs that go into the bottle (tommee tippee) and the flask.. i only put 3 scoops of formula in and little one doesn't seem to drink the 4 oz he usually does during the day.

so at 12 when he woke up i did him a 3 oz bottle, then at 6am he woke again, i was a bit sleepy and he was crying so i did his bottle, but i put 4oz of water in, forgetting there was only 3 scoops of formula..

i assumed too much powder to water can give them upset tummy, but too little just wont fill him. is this right or could he get a upset tummy for not having enough formula to water?
i feel so stupid but im so used to doing 4oz during the day i totally forgot this morning it was 3oz not 4 :s

He drank 2 oz of his bottle at 6am and woke at 7.40am where he wanted another 2 oz

We all make mistakes and I am sure he will be fine, don't beat yourself up xxx

No, it's just not advisable to do it all the time or it would be dangerous as baby wouldn't be getting the right nutrients. The odd time is fine. I've done it myself once, also at night. It's easily done. Baby would probably just feel hungrier sooner I would imagine (although strangely enough my baby didn't when I did it!)

Ahhhhh exhaustion we've all done it at some stage.
It happened me once I literally took his temperature every 15mins until his next feed. I'd eat out of a dirty welly, however, I get anxiety watching other people feed and change him.
You poor thing it's a horrible fright.

i think the tubs of the milk scare you more.. telling you your baby will become seriously ill if you make one mistake, i suppose it is to cover their own back though really.
i was going to buy a water thermometer. as i use a flask of hot water during the night to make bottles fresh, im constantly worrying the water isnt hot enough, although i know other people dont always use water at 70degrees, i think if i did check the temp of the water EVERY time i would become a paranoid mess...

im also paranoid when other people feed my little boy, the people who do, have had babies them selves so know what they are doing, but we all do it differently, i find my self watching them and thinking well i dont do that.. i have once told someone to make sure hes sat up and make sure they wind him after a oz telling them how he is best winded, i always get the 'i have had kids, i know what im doing' look, but this is my baby, not theirs.

Two of my friends don't even warm the bottles and I watched a lady in a restaurant the other day just tip the formula into an unwarmed bottle. I've the perfect prep Joe likes his bottle and purées warm and I wonder is it because I like my food hot!!
Has your baby got wind or reflux?? My lil guy was BF for 7weeks And you wouldn't DARE take that bottle out of his mouth he'd scream at you!! Yeah I know other women have had babies. But, not all babies are the same.
annoying!!!!!!

yeah my baby has 'suspected' reflux, doc still hasnt fully diagnosed it but as he is sick on every bottle she 'assumes' it is, ive now changed his milk to SMA stay down..

i also know people who dont do it by the book, heck i dont EVERY time, sometimes a bottle is left 30 mins more than the recommended 2 hours at room temp! i suppose i just paniked after realising id out more water to formula.. my bad!!

I think babies bring out all the neurotics in us, I only use baby wipes now I used cotton wool and water for nearly 4months and only washed him In Warm water until lately now I use a little mild baby soap! And I used to take the temperature of the bath a million times, I've only stopped that lately too.

When people used to say I was obsessive, I always said he's my first and I literally have no help as my DH works 70hours a week. If checking that bath water a million times makes me feel reassured then il keep doing it.

Your doing great and I had an neice with reflux it is so hard, the poor little guy have you gone to get referred for him??

i never use a thermometer for the bath, i just stick my elbow in, and he likes warm baths anyway.. while in the bat the other day i was holding his head out of the water when he suddenly turned his head into the bubbly water, he just looked up at me like wow what happened, but didnt even bat a eye lid, i was too busy laughing anyway lol!
im constantly obsessing over if hes too hot or not, i cant help that, its hard cos im always cold OH is always warm, so its hard to tell what the room is actually like.
other than that i dont think i obsess over much to be fair..

not got him referred as doc said its only mild, i gave him a bottle whilst at the docs and he actually kept that down, she said if it was severe he would have been sick after that one. im going to try him on sma stay down and see how he goes on that, if not ill go to he docs again with him xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->