Will You Want To Know...

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
When you are pregnant, will you want to know the flavour of bubs?

I have always, always said no, definately not but now that we are getting to the point of it all becoming a reality (God willing) I can't imagine not finding out so have done a compelte u-turn!!!

OH and I were talking the other day and I said to him that I keep thinking about it and that I am now of the thinking that I really would want to know and how would he feel as we always said we wouldn't and strangely, he said he kept having the same thoughts but didn't say as he knew I'd always wanted a surprise!!!

So now that we have said that, when the time comes no doubt the little bugger will have its legs well and truly crossed :lol:

I guess I just wondered that the closer this all comes to being a reality, have any of you changed ideas / thoughts on things you had always previously been dead set on?

x

No I don't, having something to have as a suprise at the end of the pregnancy will be nice - I am not fussed either way

I think I'd like to know!! I havent really talked at great length about this with my DH, but he's so relaxed he'll prob just go along with whatever I want!!

My mum says you shouldnt find out, but Im not sure if I could wait!!

xx

I would want to know for the first one. I don't mind keeping it a surprise for any further babies but for some reason I want to know the first time.

We have decided we don't want to know. Firstly because it will be a lovely surprise and secondly because if we knew, we wouldn't be able to keep it a secret and then we will be up to our eyeballs in one colour of everything which will be a pain for a second child. I want as much neutral stuff to begin with as possible.

I want to know! I really don't mind what I have, but I really couldn't wait to know lol. I'd want to pick names out before!

I used to want to know, but lately iève found myself not wanting to know and wanting it to be a complete suprise! I think that would make the labor that much more exciting! but who knows I could possibly change my mind agian.

I want to know. I have always wanted to know, can't explain it!

I know that both me and my OH want to know. We want to pick out names and clothing ahead of time :D

I will definatly find out before baby is born, I'm not much into the colour yellow or greens for neutral, it'll either be all blue or all pink....

I would want to know so I could buy all girly things or boyish things for the little one. Neutral isn't FUN! :D

I'm going to wait and let it be a surprise!!! DH and I love love love surprises and what a great surprise!!! Plus, I like yellows and greens best!

I dont know if i can answer untill i am pregnant and in this situation, in a way i would love to know as i would love the nursery to be blue/pink and also like the baby bouncer and other bits buy them blue/pink. And like when i leave hospital with little one would love to think we had them with a pink or blue blanket or something. My oh doesnt really want to know as he wants it to be a surprise which is fair enough. So guess i have to wait and see xx

I want to know, though i can see the argument from both sides. I like planning and shopping, and i want to know wether i need to get the whole pink arsenal girls range, or just every single boys shirt. :rofl:

I've always thought that a surprise would be nice as I'm not really fussed either way, i'll be happy with a boy or girl. But i think when it comes to it we will probably find out, so that we can prepare. OH would really like a boy so i think we'll find out so that he can start to deal with his disappointment if its a girl LOL! xx

We wanted to know and in retrospect it was really good. We used his name and could talk to him. Plus we both can't deal well with surprises so it would've driven us crazy. And he also mooned the camera unexpectedly and you would have to be an idiot to not notice that he was a boy. LOL I understand not wanting to know but personally I couldn't deal with it....I'm impatient! I'm not good at keeping surprises at Christmas and birthdays either.

I would definitely want to know! Especially because everytime OH & I talk about having a baby, he refers to the baby as 'him' and I refer to the baby as 'her'! :rofl:

Battle of the sexes! But honestly, I know we would both be over the moon whatever sex the baby was. All any parent can wish for is a healthy and happy baby. :)
xx

I would want to know, especially for my first. Maybe later on in life when I have more then I might want it to be a suprise. I think just having my first will be a suprise enough and would want to prepare. Later in life though I might want to try not knowing to add to the suprise! Might change my mind about that though. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->