William Mathias-Sept. 11, 2012!!

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
It's hard to get a minute to actually sit down and write this but I figure it's either now or never!

Being a ftm I thought I would go late having my baby but boy was I wrong! I experienced a very bloody show at 39 weeks. I got worried because of all the blood so went into triage to get checked out. They told me I was in early labour and that it could be anywhere from 24 hours to a week before I reached active labour. Twenty four hours later...I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Less than two hours after that I reached 5-6 cm and was absolutely overjoyed. And then things stalled....

Eight hours later after tons of painful contractions that were only intensifying I was told that I wasn't progressing which was very disappointing to hear. They told me my best option was to have my waters manually broken so I agreed. Of course, this amped up my contractions to a pain I cannot describe. Up to this point I had done amazingly well after using the Maggie Howell Hypnobirthing program and the nurses were really impressed with me. They even laughed at how I was able to have a contraction and go right back to having a conversation with them. It was awesome and I highly recommend it for anyone thinking of using hypnobirthing as an alternative to a medicated birth :thumbup:

Anyhow, I managed to stay focused right to the end and three hours after my manual water break our beautiful baby boy arrived into the world without extra assistance (forceps, vaccuum, etc.)!! In the end I only had a first degree tear which I hear is good for a first timer. I give thanks to my dr. who was really awesome at stretching my perenium while I was pushing and constantly poured warm water on it. Made a HUGE difference.

I'd say overall I had the delivery that I wanted. It couldn't have gone better and hypnobirthing did an amazing job for me. I stayed calm, focused, positive and most importantly: fearless. Highly recommend it!!

Oh, and like all mommy's...I am totally in LOVE with my baby boy!!

https://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/Nomici/IMG_0749.jpg

Sounds like you had a perfect birth Paris, well done, you've done so well and he is absolutely gorgeous xxxx

Thank you Wantingno.2! After going through a natural birth it really showed me that us women are a lot stronger than we think. The pain was out of this world unimagineable but having that baby is the ultimate prize :D

Hey!! Congratulations :) I'm so glad to hear you got the birth you wanted!

Thanks everyone! We are finally settling in to life with baby and totally falling in love with our little guy:cloud9:

congrats. how could you not fall in love with that cute little face. you must be so proud. :)

Thanks Clucky! I'm biased but I think he's pretty darn cute too! I know people always say it but it truly is amazing that our bodies make and birth these beautiful little human beings. So miraculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->