Window blind chord warning.

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has just seen this on channel 3 but there was a lady on who's 1 year old baby accidentally strangled herself on the window blind chord :(

Just wanted to make everybody aware.

So sad :(

Terrible thing to happen :(
This happened many years ago aswel to other children. It's terrible. Now blind company's have special hooks so this can happen and if store bought, like my kitchen window, i used a screw in hook to keep the cord out of reach.

I saw this on this morning!! So sad!! I cried!! It must of been soo horrible for her to find her lo like that!! Something she will never forget!! I dont know how she copes with that!! :( :cry:

I watched this too! How awful. My heart was breaking listening to her.

I've already tasked my OH to sort all the blind cords out around the house this weekend. Although my LO is only 6 weeks old, I have I doubt she will be moving about before I know it.

I was almost in tears too :( I've only got blinds up in my living room and they were here when we moved in and the cats destroyed them so think I'm going to get rid as soon as Thomas is mobile and get something different like net curtains or something. That poor woman :(

You can get blinds with a little plastic thing on the end of the cord.... the blind cant be used unless this plastic bit is nailed to the windowframe making it impossible for this kind of tragedy to happen. I got by boys bedroom blind from wilkinsons and it had one on. Xx

Years ago on Maury they had all these stories about freak accidents that happened to children, one of the stories was about a child who hung himself by accident with the cord from the blind. I saw this before I ever had children and now that I have 5, it stayed in my head and I always make sure to tie the cord and make it so that my kids can't reach it. It's really sad when things like this happen, especially when they can be prevented. :(

That happened nearly 10 years ago to the 2 year old son of a good friend of mine. He had been put down for a nap and when his mom went to check on him she found him. It was horrible and I can't even imagine her pain. It's so scary how everyday items become so dangerous once you have a child in the home.

This was one of my biggest fears. A few months ago I actually went in and snipped the ends so he can't reach them. So many things a parent has to worry about!

So sad :(

A lot of children's centres sell blind cord safety equipment at a cheap price, as well as other safety equipment.

I watched it too and broke down. I hug my girls tight and felt extremly lucky. It has made me against blinds tbh. We have them atm but me too have cut them. Were moving after xmas and I know for sure I wont be buying them.

We had new blinds fitted recently and I made sure that we had child safety devices fitted at the same time. I remember similar reports on this happening about 10 years ago., so I'm surprised that people aren't more aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->