Wine during TWW?

lauragrace08

Reaction score
I am sure we all have different opinions on this. :) I'm debating what to do this weekend, and I've read conflicting things.

I'm 8DPO and really don't want to test until the day of my expected period. We are having a few friends over on Sunday and everyone was excited about doing wine and cheese. With my group of friends, it would definitely look suspicious if I don't drink wine lol, and I don't want to get people thinking I'm pregnant if I'm not or share that we're trying at this point. I'd probably just nurse one 1 glass of wine if I do decide to drink.

I've read some thing say that as soon as the baby implants that it shares your blood supply, but others say that it's not until 6 weeks (ish) that baby shares your blood supply. Any sources to what is considered correct?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance ladies! :flower:

A little wine can in no way hurt you ttc or hurt a bean in progress. The fetus doesn't even get nutrition from you fro several weeks after you'd confirm the pregnancy normally. I wouldn't recommend going on a binge but one or two glasses of wine will not do any harm.

I'm 5 DPO and I've had 2 glasses already. I'm going to go about business as normal until I get a positive test. I think it's fine :)

I agree with the ladies, enjoy a glass & have fun. You will be fine. If anything a glass of wine will helps the blood pump faster ;)

Thanks everyone! I nursed a small glass. :) There were 4 two year old boys running around so everyone was so busy chasing after them anyways, I shouldn't have been worried about anyone noticing even if I didn't drink! lol!

This thread was super helpful. I have festivities to attend this coming Saturday night. By then I'll be 10DPO.

Planning to partake in a couple glasses of wine since I won't be testing unless I get a missed AF (expected May 3)

I've read that a binge could cause an unknown MC but I don't plan on taking it anywhere near a binge. lol

Drink until it's pink! As long as you're not drinking an excessive amount, it's fine. Also, the baby is living off the yolk sac and not your blood supply until around week 8(?) or whenever the placenta grows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->