Winter wonderland Hyde park

excited07

Reaction score
Hi seeing as I love, love Xmas I have been wanting to go here for ages so this year we are going to go. I have got 2 dd's 5 and 4 and I'm thinking about booking the circus and was wondering if anyone has been and if it's worth it. People say I'm mad taking the girls with them being young but I think they will love it, I know it will be busy so we're planning on getting there early

I went last year but not to the circus, we went for a walk round and then to the ice skating. We went the weekend after christmas one evening (think it was the 28th) just me and OH went just to see what it was like really as I said I'd love to take my LO's. Honestly though I wouldn't take mine (mine are 5 and almost 4) it was SO busy and this was on an evening, it was dark when we got there! I just felt like it was too busy to fully appreciate it.
I imagine if you could do a week day before Christmas though it would be a lot better and hopefully the circus is a different experience!

We went last year, we went on a Monday morning, around the 12/13th Dec and got there just as it opened. It was empty! There were about 10 people watching the circus - which was ok but not great. I think I'd save my money and go to a different circus if we went to wonderland again. Our LO was just over 2 at the time and he loved the place itself, there were plenty of rides he could go on (watch out though the cost soon adds up). We walked up to see santa, no queue at all, but one of the elves told us people had been queuing for 4 hours the weekend before. Really obvious comment, but if you go in the ice kingdom make sure you have plenty of warm clothes, its really really cold in there! Our friend went closer to Christmas at the weekend and said it was horrible, you could barely move. By the time we left at about 3ish, it was starting to get really really busy you could just see people pouring in. So, I think its all about timing - if you get it right, its fine but if not its a nightmare. We won't be going again this year. I've been told theres one in a park in the Stratford area which is smaller and better if that helps. Can't remember its name though sorry, although I could find out for you if you'd like.

I went last year with oh we thought it was pretty rubbish. I've been to a lot better places. My do wouldn't take lo either due to it being so busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->