Winter workwear

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I'm starting work experience in a school in January and I am going to need to go shopping for stuff that's appropriate to wear. In mild weather I don't think I'll have a problem but what do you wear to work in winter?! I want to be smart but warm and still look nice enough. Any ideas? Or better, photos? And just to be awkward I'd rather not wear heels.

I stick to layers. I've done a lot of work experience in schools and wore then what I wear now in my current job. Slouchy smart jersey trousers or linens, usually long line t-shirts or long sleeved tops, cardigans, usually waterfall style or waisted. Comfortable shoes, I live in my loafers and FitFlop knee high boots.

I also wear scarfs, long necklaces and cowl neck jumpers. Knitted dresses are my staples in winter (mainly grey ones from Monsoon), knitted tights, riding boots though.

I also wear cord skirts and shirts but not practical with kids around.

Basically I wear what the models in The WHite Company wear, lol!! Throw in a bit of Monsoon and that's my style.

I wear a lot of knitted dresses/jumper dresses, leggings and boots. It is probably worth noting that a school is likely to have their heating running all day so layering is a good idea!

Thanks guys! Wishuwerehere it would make it much easier if it were warm, I am constantly cold! But I remember my school always being icy so I won't get my hopes up.

DD's nursery is a sauna, I send her in leggings, boots, vest, long sleeved top, fleece and gilet (plus coat) and she usually comes home in just a top and leggings. You'd be surprised how warm they are.

School are boiling so definitly layer. Lots of teachers wear leggings and knitted dresses x

Can you check what the teachers in the school are wearing or email and ask if they have a dress code? In my school legging and knitted dress would be a big no no. I usually stick to black trousers, vest top covered with sheer blouse or other sheet top and waterfall style cardigan with pumps or flat boots. Our school like many has tge heating controlled centrally by the council and somedays is sweltering then the next day freezing so layers are a good idea.

I just found these...https://www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/cate...ousers?resetFilters=true#product=903000060158 Are they appropriate? I can't decide! They're tailored but obviously quite vivid.

I think so, yes. My best friend is a teacher and I worked in a school when I worked as an ECP.

Usually during the winter I wore woolen tights, skirt and top with boots or trousers and a wooly jumper. My best friend, with out fail, wears black trousers and a shirt and a thick knitted jumper. She always looks stunning.

What year groups will you be working with? I am a teacher and teach reception class and never wear 'smart' things as they get covered in paint, glue and mud on a daily basis and are just not practical with really little ones! I am also working outside with them for a large part of every day so need to be warm. I tend to wear leggings, a nice long top and uggs. The teachers in the older year groups tend to wear smart trousers and a top. Our school has no dress code, none of the schools I have worked in have had one actually.

Im a teacher and I wear skirts, tights, boots, top and a cardigan. I dont wear jumpers to work as it can be hot then freezing depending upon where you are in the school. Cardigans are easier just to take a layer off. I wear leggings and tunics and boots and a cardigan or trousers and a blouse and a cardigan. I dont wear denim at all but i would wear a cord skirt but not cord trousers. I would say smart casual. I wear brogues on my feet or boots generally. We dont have a dress code and noone has ever been pulled up about their clothes but i would stay away from things that are revealling like short skirts or plunging necklines.

oh im a primary teacher...yes, much more formal in secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->