Wipes :)

Callie-xoxox

Mummy Of Lyrik<3
Reaction score
I am going to start using reusable wipes.

how many do i need to wash nappies about every 2or 3 days
and how do you store them?
In a container with the solution or a spray bottle?
Can i make me own solution or buy it?

I bought a couple 12 packs of Gerber Wash cloths - I fold them and leave them in a pile dry in the bathroom. I grab a couple and run them under the warm water. If I don't need them all I hang them up until next time. Throw them in the bin with the diapers until wash time.

I have about 24, but how quickly I use them depends whether me or DH changes her - he likes to use lots!

I just keep them in a clip lock plastic food tub just with water at the moment but toying with the idea of wipe solution or chamomile tea, she gets a sore bum sometimes.

Can i just use baby face clothes?
I have soooooo many!
When you go out what do you do?

When at home i have a clip tub thats full of water and tea tree oil. I prob have about 30ish wipes (i made them myself so dunno how many exactly!)

When out i have a mini tub that i use and only take about 6 out with me, i only normally need one wipe per nappy change (even poopy ones).

I have soooooo many!

Yeah, you could cut them in half as well - double the amount! Don't know if they'd need the edges sewing up though but I'm sure one of our crafty ladies could tell you that.

I have a cushie wetbag that I put damp wipes in when I go out but maybe a make up bag or something similar if you didn't want to buy something especially.

I mix my own solutions (there are many many kinds!) the one I make is a huge pot of chamomille tea plus 2 drops olive oil, 2 drops lavender oil plus 2 drops tea tree oil. I keep this in a jar in the nursery.

For wipes I have some fleecy that have been cut of an old cheapie blanket which are better for drying wet bums, most of them are cheap face cloths and I keep them in a tupperware and when i need a wipe I pour my solution over and use. I use the tupperware til its empty then rinse it in the bath with gabriel. I have 2 tupperwares so while im using the one if I wash any they start stacking up in the other tupperware etc etc.

I have soooooo many!

Yeah, you could cut them in half as well - double the amount! Don't know if they'd need the edges sewing up though but I'm sure one of our crafty ladies could tell you that.

I have a cushie wetbag that I put damp wipes in when I go out but maybe a make up bag or something similar if you didn't want to buy something especially.

I can sew! I made a whole bunch of my own inserts and liners:)
And I make nursing covers:)

I will cut them it half I never thought of that~

Also there is soo many wipe solutions on the internet! its crazy
I think I will just stick with the normal one my mom used on me since Lyrik is allergic to everything!

sorry completely OT but how n with what did u make inserts have u tried them do they work sorry for all th Qs but i might give it a go lol

I've got 25 at the moment and that seems about the right number. I'm using either water or camomile & honey tea. Just brew up a tea bag in a bowl in the morning and dip into it when needed. When I go out I put a damp wipe or two in a small wetbag to take with me.

sorry completely OT but how n with what did u make inserts have u tried them do they work sorry for all the Qs but i might give it a go lol

I had bought a whole bunch of terry cloth squares cause I was going to use prefolds (until i realized there was FUN napies.
I just cut the terry into the shape i wanted
I went to the fabric store and got some bamboo and i took three layers of terry cloth and out one layer of Bamboo behind it!
They work great!
I put them in my ebay cheapies for the night time:)
never a leak~

I've got 40 wipes. In the beginning when Kaiden was always pooping I went through so many. At home I out damp wipes in a wipes warmer so they are ready to fo beside my change table. For out and about I put damp ones in a wipes case about twice a week and carry dry ones in a baggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->