Wisdom Teeth?

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I'm really confused.

A couple of weeks ago my back, top, left gum was really sore. I thought I'd just caught it with a bit of sharp food and thought it'd heal and all would be well. Then i noticed that it seemed to have something hard poking out, which i seem to have ignored for a few weeks, but tonight a had a feel and it definitely felt like a tooth, so my mum looked and sure enough it is.

Would seem pretty normal except....I had braces when i was younger and my dentists and orthodontists took about 5 sets of x-rays of my gums to make sure i didn't have any wisdom teeth. I most definitely didn't.

So, where on earth has it come from? I'm pretty sure it will need removing as there's no space for it. And it's probably going to ruin the appearance of my other teeth too :(

Is it possible for teeth to come from no where? What are your guys experiences of wisdom teeth? xx

thye might of been really high up, and they missed them?
i have no idea really lol

I've had all of mine out now, but they didn't start coming through until I was 22, my dentist told me I probably wouldn't have any come through, but they did!! And they were a big pain in the ass untill I had them out in december, 3 years later!

Hope you get it sorted! xx

I'm just worried it's gonna be really expensive xx

Your lucky if you can only feel one, maybe that's all you have, my brother had 6! And had to get them all removed at the same time. I know my dentist couldn't see my wisdoms until last year when I went in for a cleaning, he said they are impacted and growing in sideways....it's going to cost a pretty penny for me to get them out (in Canada) but my OH benefits cover like 80% of the cost, so its not too bad. But I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get mine out, I get migraines and my gums ache alot of the time, it's just finding the time to go get them out as I hate missing work and it was recommneded that I take at least 2-4 days off work...well see. Best of luck to you though, they are not fun at all.

The more i poke it with my tongue it feels like mine might be coming down sideways, like the longest part of it seems to going across my gum if you get me? xx

I get it, it could very well be coming in sideways, from what I remember my dentist explaining, is I would probably have to go under with anesthetic for the surgery at the hospital just because its more of a surgery having them sideways, than normally. They have to cut more gum or something....I wish they would just fall out like normal baby teeth.

All 4 of my wisdom teeth came in sideways. They didn't come in until I was 20 years old, and I have had 2 of them removed.

I have got a sideways one coming through to :cry:

It has only JUST stopped hurting after a few weeks, haven't been able to have it x rayed as Im pregnant.

I think that wisdom teeth can sometimes 'regrow' ifykwim my friend had about four removed in one go and then a few years later they started growing back !!! Will have to ask her if she had them removed again but I have heard of a few people having them out then they have reappeared several years later.

Thanks everyone, i'm gonna sort out the dentist some time this week i think. They aren't too painful now. But i guess it will be if it comes through more. It kinda seems to be stuck?! xx

I definitely had no idea they could regrow... or you could have 6!
I had the usual 4.. OH has none.
It's quite weird really...

Hope you get it all sorted out hun! :)

All four are now on their way, never mind just the one i though was coming. OUCH, they're pushing all my teeth together which is making them ache. Guess i best get to a dentist xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->