Wisdom tooth removed

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi

So some of you may remember I made a thread about having my wisdom tooth removed in first tri forum.
So the time has been and gone and I had my tooth taken out last week. It was fine and didn't hurt until after which was expected so I've taken paracetamol like I've been told to. I started to get an ear ache and my face is throbbing. I've looked at my tooth and it looks like I've got dry socket (big sigh) I have an appointment for this afternoon. Has anyone else had this before, not sure what else I can do or take being pregnant and how long does it take to heal?
I've only just started feeling a bit better from ms now this discomfort. Give me a break body!
Nice to hear some stories of experience x

I got those with both the ones in had taken out. The horrible pain went away fairly quickly although sensitivity remained for weeks afterwards. I didn't take the vicodin they gave me because I didn't like it so was just on ibuprofin...which isn't helpful because you can't take that either. :/ But I don't think it should la st too long.

they warned us about a dry socket... ouch!! I dont have advice since DH didnt get one.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled out when I was 20 weeks pregnant. It's was bloody agony, my entire jaw felt like I'd had it broken! I was told to rinse with warm salted water to help and eventually after not sleeping for days due to the the pain my midwife took pity on me and had me prescribed cocodomol. I was only allowed to take it for a maximum of 3 days but it certainly helped! I also used teething gel around the area on the gum.

Hope you feel better!

Thanks, I've just got back. The dentist cleaned and packed the area with this clove stuff which has given me some relief. I did have dry socket, booo.
I pray it stays in it has helped massively. I'm so worried my poor baby all these things I keep putting into my body. The dentist say it's all ok but I'm such a worry wart. Can't wait to feel normal again no nausea and no tooth ache! One day soon I hope x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->