wish i knew what a true contraction felt like!!!

Rozz1e1

Pregnant :D
Reaction score
Ok...so had sweep on thurs and am currently 40+1 and for last 2 days had backache, losing bits of plug but no bloody show, and lots of bh...amd for last couple of hours have had chronic low backache and bh/tightening pains round bottom of bump and down into lady garden... I feel just off...I cant explain it...I just feel off...not myself...and in pain...but cant tell if contractions or not...xxx

Ahhh haven't got advice but hope things progress for you! I'm 39+1 and having tons of bh now and mild period pain and backache.. I know deep down its nothing but I keep hoping its going to turn into contractions! But like you I probably won't even know when I am ill just think its bh.. I've got a sweep Friday so hopefully that moves things along.. But good luck hope it is the real thing for you!!

Thank you ladies :) only time will tell i guess lol! Im gonna have a bath and see if things continue...atm tho who knows lol its prolly just body playing tricks lol!! Xx

My baby has been super active as well and i have no idea why

Hi! Yes, only time will tell... Maybe they will start progressing and get closer and closer together! Hope your little girl decides to come soon, I know how it is, I feel for ya. With my first her due date was July 5 and had to be induced and she came July 14. So I know how every little pain is.. Hope this progresses for ya! :) keep this post updated please

Good luck hun!!
I wish I knew too how it feels. I never had BH so far, unless I'm unaware of them. I've been told you'll know when the real contractions comes. I certainly hope so lol

for me my contractions felt like bad period cramps, bad lower back ache, and I pooped alot lol I hope baby comes soon!

I wish I knew too!! I get pains around lower bump on and off which I assumed could be bh but the intensity isn't bad that I'd cry or anything
My baby is almost 35 weeks but measuring 38-39 so I'm expecting him earlier and he's been fidgety too
The wait kills ha! This is my first I don't know what to think of anything
Hope you're lo comes v soon!! & cooperates!! ;)

Hi I think I'm. In labour! Bloody show and deep period pain thigh and back ache since 3am and waves of pain which I can't sit down throu which feel like the tightenin get when have the runs, coming feels like every 5mins, for bout 40secs ish.. And deep pressure need bum. Dunno what to do x

Have a bath and keep calm.huni :) also ring mw unit and ask for advice they will be able to say to you whatto do sweet :-D am v excited for you!!
Thank you to you ladies :-D well the pains continued on and off throughout night nothing regular but pains nonetheless...am waiting now to see if they start again which im hoping they will and i hope they get regular this time lol!! Xxxx

Keep active, eat well to keep your energy levels up, keep hydrated and just see if things get some momentum. Walking around and (dare I say it) DTD both work wonders lol. DTD broke my waters with Eddy.

My advice is, while I know it's frustrating, try to enjoy this time. In a few days your whole world will be turned upside down so try to get out in the sunshine, spend some time with family and friends, and then when LO arrives you'll feel ready, re-charged and satisfied. I didn't do this with Earl (just sat around getting upset and frustrated) but when I went OD with Eddy we dropped Earl off with MIL and went out as a couple, long walks on an evening, trips to the seaside, all sorts. I went 10 days OD (dropped Earl off when I was 6days over) and the whole 3 days prior to him arriving I was getting contractions on and off. They're good, they're your baby and your body prepping to come out. You may be pleasantly surprised that you'll be a couple of cm dilated already when your labour eventually kicks off. :thumbup:

Keep active, eat well to keep your energy levels up, keep hydrated and just see if things get some momentum. Walking around and (dare I say it) DTD both work wonders lol. DTD broke my waters with Eddy.

My advice is, while I know it's frustrating, try to enjoy this time. In a few days your whole world will be turned upside down so try to get out in the sunshine, spend some time with family and friends, and then when LO arrives you'll feel ready, re-charged and satisfied. I didn't do this with Earl (just sat around getting upset and frustrated) but when I went OD with Eddy we dropped Earl off with MIL and went out as a couple, long walks on an evening, trips to the seaside, all sorts. I went 10 days OD (dropped Earl off when I was 6days over) and the whole 3 days prior to him arriving I was getting contractions on and off. They're good, they're your baby and your body prepping to come out. You may be pleasantly surprised that you'll be a couple of cm dilated already when your labour eventually kicks off. :thumbup:

This! I was the same with Ava - sat around using contraction timers for 5 days when i could have been enjoying my new house etc. I was induced.

This time I'm on day 4 of contractions and being 4cm dilated and still nothing so I'm refusing to monitor anything until I'm crawling in pain or my waters break!

Hope baby is here soon for you!

Good luck! I had my little girl last Friday a week early. I started getting slight aches which I thought was cos I had been walking around town but these pains started coming every 5 minutes lasting about a minute, hope starts getting regular for you soon! Have to say, I think contractions were the worst pain i have experienced.

Well back.ache has returned again and bh also so fingers crossed they turn into something again! Xxx

Hope it progresses for you! Good luck and keep us informed :) so horrible waiting not knowing when it's going to happen Aint it!

One of these times it's gonna be it! Hope today progresses for ya :)

My labour started with a full day of what felt like regular braxton hicks, which by evening were coming every 10 minutes. They felt exactly like BH throughout pregnancy. People say you know the difference between BH and the start of real labour, but it wasn't the case for me. After I had my show the pains got worse, and after my waters broke then the pains got much more intense. Hope this is the start of things for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->