Wish me luck? UPDATE on orignial post!!

O

oOskittlesOo

So I'm not sure if you all remember, but about a month ago now I woke up with a swollen gland down below :blush: well went to the doctor and they thought it was a swollen skenes glad, a moisture gland that can become blocked.. Well I took antibiotics for 2 weeks - 9 pills a day - the swelling went down but there was still a small cyst like bump so I thought maybe it was just dying down the rest of the way.. My luck- my doctor thought it was that but it's realy a bartholin cyst- another moisture gland that can become irratated.. Here's a good place to read what the hell I'm talking about :haha:
https://women.webmd.com/tc/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview
welllllll now it looks like I'll be having to get surgery to get it drained and then the cyst removed... Lucky me seeing as I'm pregnant and can't be put under I have to have a doctor cutting my vag open wide awake while pregnant.. :wacko: guess it's a good way to get more comfortable before my LO comes. LOL. Just wanted you all to keep my in your thoughts tomorrow while I go through this.. :/ super scared/nervous because I've never had any type of surgery.. Fingers crossed that it makes me feel better and doesn't come back!!

UPDATE: well I just got home from my appointment about 30 minutes ago... She already knew before looking she wanted to try and drain it and if it came back then do a total surgery.. So got naked from the waste down ahhahaah, she got all her stuff ready- used some numbing stuff that was a liquid that made it feel warm, then local anastetic shot like if you were to get stitches.. She said that was the worst part so I'm glad it was just a pinch. Then she made a small cut (about an inch) and let it drain out as much as it would. I bled all over the table :wacko: she had to use these weird things that looked like a pair or huge siccors that were flat on the top to squeeze it!! Then put a small cathader inside to let it drain the rest of the way.. She said it should fall out in the next week, if not she'll remove it on Monday when I go back. So it's pretty sore.. Just imagine getting 1 cut right between your legs (imagine where your OH "goes in" and one cut higher, near my clitoris.. :dohh: sorry if that was way TMI!! LOL. So now the numbing stuff has worn off.. It's sore, and I'm bleeding still.. :dohh: hopefully this shit doesn't come back!! Lol. I think I'll have a totally miserable rest of pregnancy if it does!!! It was a good little reminder to just breath once I'm in labor though! Lol. (I'm so sorry for my horrible spelling)

Skyee!!! omg that sounds terrible but im sure you will do fine.. i will keep you in my prayers and if you need some one to talk to just text me:D im sure all will go well

Stay strong girlie <3!!! Ill keep you in my thoughts! good luckk!!

Thanks girls! I'm freaking out, but my moms friends mom is a nurse and she said it better to just go through the pain for 30 minutes and a few days of healing then to keep taking medication for the next 4 months to keep the swelling down...

Thanks girls! I'm freaking out, but my moms friends mom is a nurse and she said it better to just go through the pain for 30 minutes and a few days of healing then to keep taking medication for the next 4 months to keep the swelling down...

Well then I guess thats a plus you dont have to take pills.

:hugs: Good luck again you will do great Im sure

Ah oh my gosh! I'll keep you in my thoughts girly. You're crazy strong, I would be way too scared to have that done! :hugs:

Oh my goodness, you're doing this tomorrow? That's such short notice! Aww, I'm sorry you have to go through that! I'm sure it will be ok though! & you're right, this will get you more comfortable and prepared for when LO arrives. Like Chrissy said, you are SO strong! <3
You'll be in my thoughts, hon! When you're feeling up to it, make sure you give us an update on how you're doing!
I hope everything goes well! :flow:

Sorry you have to go through something like this!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!! Hope you feel much better after!

Yeah seems super fast eh Kelly? Lol they told me that if the swelling didn't go down or if it still hurt they wanted me to go into the operating room as soon as possible because they realize how uncomfortable it is- not dangerous for little man though so that's good. I've tried thinking it'll stop hurting etc but I first noticed it coming back last thursday and saturday it was nasty huge so guess I was wishful thinking :dohh: Bad thing is, they think it first got clogged by how much FOB and I were DTD. :blush: and I think I brought it back on because I was overly horny and had to pull out my secret friend... Hahahah. Smart huh?? Lol

I'm glad that there is no risk to LO!
So is it something that could come back again? Or once it is removed it's finished (unless, in the off chance another were to form) but, I mean, is it common for another to occur? 'Cause... that SUCKS! I mean, would you have to just limit how frequently you DTD? I can sooo relate to the whole overly-horny bit. My doctor has me on bedrest & "pelvic rest." No :sex: ...no penetration, that is.

It's more common to get them over and over when you just get them drained but when you surgically remove them the chance goes wayyy down!! It's just hard when pregnant because your moisture glands can be out of whack!! :/ lol I probably won't be DTD since FOB and I aren't together anymore, but after it's healed it should be fine to. I read that previously! Why are you on pelvic rest??

Hopefully, since you're having it removed, you won't develop anymore!

Honestly, I have no idea why my doctor decided to put me on pelvic rest. I mean, I've been on moderate bed rest for weeks, so that's not new... but (you may have seen on fb) after my appointment on Friday, i was sent to the hospital to have my blood pressures monitored & get a fetal biophysical profile. After about four hours my pressures went back down, and the profile came back perfect. So nothing really had changed, but on my discharge papers my doctor had added pelvic rest- which they defined as no intercourse, no douching, and no tampon use (idk why a pregnant person would use tampons?). So, all I know is that I'm not allowed to have sex; I don't know medically why it's necessary, though.
At least my husband and I got 6 days of marriage in before they told us we couldn't DTD. :haha:

Good luck hun. :flower:

If it makes you feel any better or any less embarrassed (if you are at all :winkwink: ), my OH has a cyst on the top of his butt crack (that is the best way to explain it). :haha: He had to go up to the after hours clinic and get it drained because he couldn't even sit down anymore. :dohh:

Have they tried draining it at all? You would think they would try that before surgery. :shrug:

:flower: Good luck darl, hope it goes well and isnt too painful. you poor thing! your such a trooper with everything your OH has been doing, not fair you get this too! hope you have a boring pregnancy from here, you seem like such a sweetie.

I've just read this, Syke.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well :thumbup:

@we can't wait - I'm on pelvic rest too, not that it makes much difference as Nik's never around, haha.

@Skye - OUCH! That sucks! Will they at least use a topical anesthetic? Numbing cream/gel of some type? I'd hope so...I can't even hold still to get blood drawn, haha.

i had that in my second pregnancy but mine didnt bother me at all gave birth and had an appoinment to check it out again but tmi it bursted before the appoinment so i just had sitz baths actually had it again around 18weeks pp

Was it today (Monday) that you were having the procedure done? I didn't know if you meant Monday or Tuesday. Our time zone is only 3 hours apart, but I was still confused. lol. :dohh:

If it's today-- I hope everything is going well! You're in my thoughts. :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->