"Witching hour"

cskme_

Reaction score
My LO has been fussy every night from about one week old (she's now 5 weeks) it always starts in the evening around 6 or 7 and ends around 11 or 12. At this time she screams and cries for what seems like forever, and I have to try everything in the book to console her until she finally goes to sleep. This happens 99% of the time but hasn't happened for the past 2 nights. I'm thinking it may be because her sleeping schedule was put off the other day when we brought her to the doctors, so the past couple nights she has been sleeping more through these hours. I'm hoping that this will come to an end soon but I don't want to get my hopes up completely lol. Anyway, to those who have had babies with the same problem, when did it stop?? I was told it usually stops around 3 months, but sooner would be great!

Mine used to be like this and I'm sure it was over tiredness and over stimulation. It did improve at around three months. I used to have to go into a completely dark room and lie down with him on my chest so he could hear my heartbeat and only then would he eventually settle down.

Hope your LO settles down soon :hugs:

Ava was very colicky and overtired, overstimulated too. But she didn't seem to let us know she was tired so it would always progress into over tiredness. Now she rubs her eyes so we know exactly when and we put her down, she usually lies there in silence (with the monitor on) then falls asleep on her own. She's at 3 months now but started doing this around 9/10 weeks I'd say. It will get better ☺️ Even when it doesn't seem like it, that's what I was told by a friend and it's so true!

Thanks ladies! This is the third night in a row that she didn't have a complete meltdown. It must be a Christmas miracle lol! I still don't want to get my hopes up but it would be nice if she had a quiet stretch like this more often

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->