With all of these sleep threads it got me thinking

My LO was going 10 hours through from 4 months old but we have been hit by the 8 month sleep regression. Definitely have loads of sympathy for all you ladies whose LO's have never slept through

Consistently for 5 weeks from 10 weeks then we hit regression, I loose count how many times I have to get up between half four and six to put his dummy back in.. Then he does usually sleep to anywhere between 8 and the record was 10:40 tho so I don't complain!

I think you need to take into consideration feeding method too. I don't know many BF'd babies under 6 months that STTN.

I don't think feeding method makes any difference, my bf baby has slept through from a very early age

My baby is now combi-fed during the day (2 - 3 bottles of formula or EBM during the day) but from 7pm - 9am is EBF (i.e. last and first feed of the day). He's also been STTN since 9 weeks...

Although I could just be REALLY lucky in that regard! :thumbup:

Ds sttn at about 9 weeks but then the 4 month sleep regression hit and hard :haha: he started sttn again at 7 months. So :shrug: I guess I should put 7 months

hi,

My baby is breastfed and he sleeps through the night generally between 6-7pm to anytime around 7-8am.. he started doing this when he was about 5 months old.

I can't vote because Fran is 9.5months and still doesn't sleep through x

Avery started at 4 months and hasn't stopped.

*ducks and runs out*

Leo has been sleeping through since the day he turned 8 weeks... He goes to bed at 9.30pm and wakes up about 8.30am. He's now 12+2 x x x

My boy doesn't STTN and never has, he's BF and I too agree it does make a difference. I am tired but I don't think it is natural for such a small baby to sleep 12 hours at night. Or maybe I'm secretly just jealous and that thought keeps ME sane...;) x

My LO is now 13 months & still waking/feeding hourly (BF).

My FF babies were sleeping through (as in 7pm-7am) by around 4 months, but going 10pm-7am by 8 weeks old.

Having said that I think my LO not sleeping is down to his personality rather than feeding method, perhaps when he was younger it would have been due to breast milk being digested easier, but now it's just him! :dohh:

My LO was a terrible sleeper and then virtually overnight started sleeping through. 20:00-0900. Started at 22 weeks.

Can't answer the poll my lo is 9 months and still doesn't sleep through..

Helen didn't start STTN until she was a good 10 months and even then she went 7:30-5:30 then a quick feed and down until 9am so maybe this doesn't even count?

Sally slept 7:30-6:20 last night but that was probably just a blip and she'll be up every hour tonight.

Both my girls were/are BF:thumbup:

Vinnie has been sleeping through since Friday, so he'd just turned 7weeks. He goes from 8pm till 6.30am (he would go longer I think but I get him up to feed and dress before I get my other boys up for school). He only ever got up once in the night before that though, and he feeds ever 2 hours in the day.

My first son slept through from birth, he was so lazy! My second son never ever slept! He finally started sleeping through at 11 months. My third son was the worst, he didn't start sleeping through the night until 2 and half!!
Now the funny thing is, my first son never wants to sleep, he can live on a few hours and still be full of energy. My second & third sons love there sleep now, they find it very hard staying up past 7.30pm. X

17 months and 1 night feed minimum (FF)

Im not going to vote because i dont want to jinx it but Bobby has slept through the last 3 nights, saying that he does like to tease us to the odd night through then goes back to waking! Hes 7 months old!!

I can't answer because my LO is not consistent :rofl: he doesn't feed in the night tho, he hasn't for a while (around 3-4 months from memory) 4 month regression hit, was up replacing dummy every few hours. Then he started Sttn, 8-6.30, then things happen, learn something new, teething, anything :rofl: most night he will do 7.30-5ish then after that is pot luck I'm afraid lol. So he can Sttn, and does occasionally, but not all that often xx

Vinnie first started at around 13/14 weeks. Most nights now he will go to bed (as in cry until i put him up) at 6pm then gets up between 6-7am but we do get the odd 4/5am thrown in to keep us on our toes :)
On the flip side to that he didnt sleep any longer than an hour (then awake for 3hrs) at a time until he was 9wks old,it was that bad me & oh took it in shifts just so we got some sleep.
Daytime naps are still a nightmare,on a good day he will have 2x 30mins but quite often is up from lunchtime till bedtime not that it affects him.

Not yet. He sleeps so so so so so so bad, I'm actually thinking about taking him to the doctors to see if theres any help or advice for me. He wakes at LEAST once an hour, and usually has a couple of hours wide awake in the night..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->