Withdrawal bleed - cd1??

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
Ok so I had my normal AF which started on Jan 25th and finished a week ago today.
I took 2 micrgynon pills at the beginning of my cycle and then lost my card so Hubby said we could have a month off of the pill and be NTNP.
Last night I started a withdrawal bleed which I didn't think I would even get as I had only taken 2 pills but it happened anyway.
S0 now do I count yesterday as cd1 and start again? or do I carry on with my original cycle dates?
I'm so confused.

Is this the first month you have taken the pill? I'm surprised you got a withdrawal bleed too, not sure what you're supposed to make of it sorry. Are you hoping for a happy accident?

No I've been taking the pill for 3 months, this would have been month 4 but I lost my card with the pills in and couldn't get in to see my gp until monday (they won't do a repeat prescription as I am overdue a medication review).
I spoke to hubby who said that for this month we wouldn;t prevent pregnancy and would just see what happens. If at the end of the month AF rears her head and/or I get a bfn then we would discuss what to do next.

I was just confused about this withdrawal bleed and where it left me with regards to my cycle, just so I would know when to expect my next AF.

I know it's confusing, sorry.

I'm trying to think back to when I was on Microgynon to try and work it out, sorry! The bleed you had on the 25th Jan would have been a withdrawal bleed (I think?), so I'm wondering if this is your natural cycle breaking through this time. I'm not sure when you would ovulate since taking the pill stops ovulation occurring and it sometimes takes a while for your body to readjust when you come off it, so it would also be hard to predict AF.

ok, thanks for the advice.
I think I will just keep an eye on symptoms and things and just see what happens.
Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->