Withdrawal Bleed - First day of cycle?

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Apologies if this is a stupid question...
I took my last pill on Monday, and have got my withdrawal bleed this morning. Is this the first day of my cycle, or do I start counting from when I get my first 'true' period?
Please can anyone help?
Thanks.
xxx

It's from your 1st 'true' period hun

Thanks, I thought it was, but I wasn't sure.
Gosh, I hope that it doesn't take too long for me to get my first proper period then!
xxx

Has anyone got pregnant straight after coming off the pill? Or does it always take a while for your body to sort itself out?
xxx

some people get pregnant straight off the pill.

some of us aren't so lucky, i'm afraid...

My periods still aren't "regular" after coming off the pill in July 2008

I was so naive before reading through some of the journals on here - I really did presume that all you had to do was have unprotected sex, and that would be it!!! I never realised that there was so much 'science' that went on behind the scenes!
Good luck to everyone who's TTC. May the force be with us :)
xxx

I think the best thing to do the first month is try (try like crazy if you like) but don't hold out too much hope.

I know someone who got pg straight off the pill (and wasn't even trying!) so it is possible

x

You & me both, shoes!!!

Everyone in dh and my families gets pregnant within two months of coming off of bc, so when we didn't fall pregnant right away it was really frustrating to us. Just keep a pma and bd around ovulation (or whenever you want, if you're in a "team chilled out" state of mind).
good luck shoes!!

In the same boat at you i think love! i took my last BCP 32 days before i got my 'true' AF, however i got no 'pill period'

atm i'm on day 3 of my first cycle , Yey! :)

between stopping the BCP and a real AF i had every Pregnant symptom on the book and it was driving me crazy! i hope your bodys not as cruel to you

xxx

I just got my first real AF yesterday after stopping BC. IT turned up a few days late but at least i know here i am with it now i guess.

The worst thing is all the symptoms i got in the last week like sickness, sore bbs, tiredness, the list goes on but it was just my body getting used to coming off the pill.

It took me two months ttc when i last came off the pill but that was 10 years ago so not sure if its going to take longer this time.

Saying that...my sister in law just got pregnant whilst on the pill.....

I stopped my pills at the end of the pack, so I counted my withdrawl bleed start as CD1 and my cycle was 28 days and so were the next two. So, I'd say if you finish your pack you and get the bleed as usual you can count that as CD1, but if you stop in the middle of the pack you might want to wait for your first regular AF.

I think its from your first true period, however you should still try OPT (if your doing them)

as stupid as this sounds... you still ovulate 14 days before real AF :)

got a bfp the first cycle but it was a chemical. i feel it was due to my luteal phase being too short :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->