Withdrawl bleeding vs period?

elindsay

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I got really tired and felt like I was getting sick. A few days later I noticed my breasts hurt, especially in one spot (which went away, I think it was a bruise) and the next day they were covered in veins! Flat, but bright blue veins and even one dark tiny one on each nipple. I've always had veins but they showed so much more than usual. Right now they're coming and going. I've been on the pill for about 1.5 years, but recently I haven't been taking it too regularly (different times each day, missed no more than 1 at a time, however, but took many over 10 hours late). About a week and a half ago I stopped taking it completely, because I was worried about the veins. 3 days later, I start bleeding for around 3 days with horrible cramps. Was this withdrawal bleeding, or a period? I thought it was a period but now I'm reading that sometimes you can still be pregnant even though you bled, as it is not a real ovulation. My "expected" period should be in the next few days. Could I be pregnant even though I had "withdrawl" bleeding? I'm having symptoms! (Also, I am not TRYING to get pregnant. I'm 20 years old and not ready for that yet. help!)

A lot would need to depend on the last time you had unprotected sex compared to when you missed your pill. It sounds a lot like hormones going haywire from stopping the pill. Only way to be sure is to test.

yeah. unprotected sex happened every day almost, so it's really hard to tell. the symptoms were starting before stopping the pill - which is why i stopped it.

Ok...

When your on the pill you never have a period
The week between tablets is a withdrawl bleed essentially and does nothing for your actual cycle. This is why long term pill users generally take til their 2nd month ttc to get pregnant because the initial period isnt really a period so you nay not ovulate until you have a proper period and then you ovulate.
Of course this is not always the case and yes u can get pregnant when taking the pill incorrectly... however the likely hood is that your symptoms are from your intemittent and incorrect use of the pill and stopping suddenly.
Do not expect to get you period within the next few days because the bleed was likely the simulated period... it will now likely take a month give ir take off the pill for u to have a proper period.
If u plan on taking the pill again consult your doctor and they will advise when is best to take it again....if not use protection because its not unknown if and when u will ovulate.

Take a pregnancy test to reassure yourself but if you had a proper bleed for 3 days then theres a high chance your not pregnant whatsoever.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->