WN Advice please?

Missy89

Due on my mums b-day :D
Reaction score
Hello! Posting from my phone so hoping this makes sense!

I'm ordering hubby a WN custom nappy (or two) for Christmas(don't worry not for him to wear! We've agreed to get each other a few baby things as we have everything we need and would like all your opions on weather to get poppers or aplix? Some of the designs I have in mind are gunna be very personal so not gunna want to resell if they're not perfect so any advice muchly apreciated :)

X

I've never tried an aplix WN but when my baby was small, aplix provided the best fit. Poppers didn't work for us. Might depend whether you want a WNOS or a sized nappy. You may find that aplix is no longer practical after a certain age when they start taking their nappy off all the time.

Although Applix is great for a good fit if LO is between popper sizes, a friend of mine has issues with her older one being able to undo the applix herself.

We had some aplix nappies when LO was much smaller, but since then we've always used poppers. I get the odd time when she seems "between poppers", but it's never caused us a problem.

If you're thinking of applix, it'd have to be a WNOS then? In which case, as Mandarhino said, you could run into problems when your LO is older if they decides they want to unto the aplix!

You can have custom sized wn(s,m,l) done with applix I have a medium one but you have to email and ask them for those as specials :)

I have WN in poppers and aplix and I have to say I prefer my aplix, but I prefer aplix in general anyway. Altho Evie is at an age where she's gonna start undoing her nappies, we havent yet come to that and I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!! :haha:
Poppers for us can be a pain as Evie always seems to be in between popper sizes so we never get great fits whereas with aplix we do.
I know that some of the new mums on here bought a selection of poppers and aplix and then preferred the aplix for their newborns, so if you're buying sized WN then it might be worth getting aplix for the small/medium sizes and poppers for the large.
If you're getting one size WN, then it's really a personal choice and also depends on the size and shape of your baby :flower:

Thats great info, thank-you everyone :) gunna get one size so I think Ill just get one for now even tho theres soooo many choices! Its either that or a cuple of each :haha: this internet thing is bad for me!

I've never used aplix as madam has shown signs of being perfectly capable of pulling it apart. Re the poppers, if you're between sizes, you can do the first popper up loose ish, then come further in with the second popper to bridge the gap. I know that makes no sense, but we're inbetween sizes at the moment and it works fine. So don't worry about that aspect too much if that's putting you off poppers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->