WNOS poppers or applix - help me decide!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
This is to save me spamming the cloth bum pics thread! :blush:

I've already put the order in so it might be too late but I ordered the poppers and am now hearing that the applix gives a better fit. I like the look of poppers but at the moment I get the WN equivalent of wing droop with her large WN with poppers and I'm not sure if that'd be the same with applix :shrug: But I don't like how applix gets fuzzy after a while!

I can't decide! :wacko:

For fit i'd def say applix but I only have OS in applix. My larges are poppers and i get a slight droop. I'm not sure if its the OS nappy that makes them better or the applix! WN applix is the best i've come across though - VERY strong and the wash tabs are excellent x

How long have you had your applix Vici and has it gone all fluffy?

One of the aplix WNOS I have is several years old. I bought it preloved from a lady who bought it when her first was 4 months old and that one is now almost three. It was used on both her children and the aplix has worn way better than any of my other aplix nappies. Its a bit fluffy but as its not white aplix it hasnt greyed or anything. It is decent stuff the aplix on WN, by far the best quality of the ones we own.
I normally dont like aplix as much as poppers but I honestly much prefer WNOS in aplix. I sold all my popper ones and replaced them with aplix as the look and fit was so much nicer.

Hmm, think I might send them a quick email.

What colour applix do you think would go with this?

https://weenotions.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=505

Here's the applix colours

https://weenotions.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=276

Sorry, I'm terrible about things going together! And I had ordered a topper to go at the front of the nappy, would that still work with applix or would it now be covered by the side fllaps?

you ordered border cut? I have a pic of a border cut with aplix in photo thread and also on the WN website the example on the OS page at the to is a border cut aplix.
Id go with black or green depending on what the other colour is on the nappy. So far all my OS are black aplix.

I ordered embroidery and it said it was a topper? I have a big bit of embroidery on the back and was going to have this at the top on the front which would work well with poppers. It's this one:

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Topper.jpg[/IMG]

I think i'd go with green, thats the main problem with applix - the colour matching.

oooh thats prettty!! i would say black Aplix...i too prefer aplix to poppers on WN get a much better fit :D xoxo

Depending on how outrageous you are you could opt for a colour aplix to match one of the fish rather than the actual nappy?

It is difficult choosing because the colours don't exactly match so sticking with any colour ranges that are already on the nappy should ensure a gorgeous looking nappy :thumbup:

Anyone know where the embroidery topper would go at the front if i had applix, I don't know how it'd work ie if the applix would be on top of the embroidery or if they'd cut it in half and do half on each of the front wings?

I have to go out for the day now, argh! :hissy:

same as it would on the popper one
it would go just under the popper/aplix.

Does anyone have a pic of a onesize with poppers? Just thinking that if the poppers and the velcro would cover the topper embroidery then there's no point having it done if it can't be seen.....

ETA Never mind, just figured out that the OS poppers onthe outside instead of the inside like the large :wacko: So my lovely embroidery topper would never be seen. I'll email and see if they can take it too or put it on the back although that might be a bit much. This is why I shouldn't be allowed design my own nappy, I can't do it!

just to say iv got a OS WN and in pink/black/lime paisley and it has black aplix and i LOVE it!!!!

The fit is perfect on abigail....i would vote for aplix!

I'm a poppers fan. Dexter can undo aplix :dohh:

Aisling does fiddle with applix.... I'm now more worried about my pretty embroidery that''ll never be seen!

Why not get a sized side-snap? Or is it definitely OS you're after?

I was going for one size so it'd get more use given the price of it... When I ordered the embroidery I thought the one size were side poppered ones. do you think having this

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/rainbowclownfish.jpg[/IMG]

and this

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Topper.jpg[/IMG]

on the back would be too much? Don't want to go for overkill!

I don't know... I'd have to see it on the nappy to make a decision :haha: you should defo email them though, they'll be able to sort something out. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->