Woke up with nasty brown looking tongue!

xdxxtx

NTNP
Reaction score
I will say right now that I completely forgot to brush my teeth, I was so tired after a long day on the farm (not my normal life lol). When I got up to go to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth, and my mouth was so disgusting. I've forgotten to brush my teeth before bed before, and my mouth has never looked like this. My tongue was coated in some nasty BROWN. I usually wake up with a white film over my tongue - that's completely normal for me. Never brown. I didn't eat anything too weird for dinner - a turkey sandwich with cheese and mayo and hot peppers.... and half a big deli pickle. I didn't drink anything but water all day. Nothing that explains the nasty tongue. I have just gotten over a sinus infection, and I had bronchitis before then, but I've just never had a brown tongue in my life! Has anyone else had this????? What the heck is up with that?

Did you take any heartburn medications? A quick google search got me pepto bismol and pepsid casued discoulration on tongue.

Did you take any heartburn medications? A quick google search got me pepto bismol and pepsid casued discoulration on tongue.

No, no medications. I Googled it, too, to no avail. I was hoping it was some weird new pregnancy symptom. It could have been the pickle, I guess? I had the rest of the pickle today, so I might or might not ever know. Unless I'm sleep eating... lol

Google seems to say it could also be dehydration/dry mouth. Perhaps your mouth dried out from snoring or sleeping with your mouth open or low humidity overnight. I dunno, it's just speculation at this point. :flower:

Google seems to say it could also be dehydration/dry mouth. Perhaps your mouth dried out from snoring or sleeping with your mouth open or low humidity overnight. I dunno, it's just speculation at this point. :flower:

Probably. I did a lot of walking and not much to drink yesterday. I'll have to get some more water in today. I don't need that ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->