Woman with PCOS! or irregular cycles Please read I need suggestions.

Roembke88

Reaction score
Ok girls:hugs:

I have PCOS, its not severe but it does cause me to skip periods and ovulation some months. For example I did not ovulate in febuary but I did in march. Right now Im 14dpo on CD40.. Ive taking test but keep getting BFN, plus I just dont feel pregnant. Its very normal for me for AF to late or not arrive at all some months.

Saying this, How do you girls know when youre ovulating? Do you have to take ovualtion tests everyday of the month? I have been and it gets pricey... do you guys buy them in bulk if so, where at?

Should I talk to my Dr. about using clomid? And How does clomid actually work?

They have had me on provera in the past just to start my period to ttc. I just stopped taking Crinone for the month which will apparently delay AF for a while.

Sincerley,
A very confused woman. :thumbup:

Hiya,

I know how you feel and It's so frustrating because it feels like you're not even on a fair playing field as everyone else! I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but I do have irregular cycles (family trait, bad luck etc etc) I came off of BC a year ago but they were irregular when I was young too.

I do use OPK's twice a day but in 6months have only ever had an "almost" +
I could be missing it but I'm pretty consistent twice a day :wacko:

I take my BBT and see an increase and peak on the months I ovulate. It's roughly once every 3 months that I don't but charting helps me see when I do and don't. (Makes me feel a bit better to see the good months too!)

Do you chart already?

Yea, I have been charting everyday. I did go and talk to my Dr. about this and before I could even ask her about Clomid, she said she wanted to put me on it. I started AF this morning finally!!!

She told me on cycle day 5 start clomid until cycle day 9.
CD 12-20 have intercourse everyother day
Day 23 Start my Progesterone and come in for blood work
Day 35 Test....

So may april will be my month......

Ok girls:hugs:

I have PCOS, its not severe but it does cause me to skip periods and ovulation some months. For example I did not ovulate in febuary but I did in march. Right now Im 14dpo on CD40.. Ive taking test but keep getting BFN, plus I just dont feel pregnant. Its very normal for me for AF to late or not arrive at all some months.

Saying this, How do you girls know when youre ovulating? Do you have to take ovualtion tests everyday of the month? I have been and it gets pricey... do you guys buy them in bulk if so, where at?

Should I talk to my Dr. about using clomid? And How does clomid actually work?

They have had me on provera in the past just to start my period to ttc. I just stopped taking Crinone for the month which will apparently delay AF for a while.

Sincerley,
A very confused woman. :thumbup:

I buy my supplies from Amazon, they have cheapies that have always worked for me. It will at least give you a pretty good idea of you LH surge. Just BD a lot around that time to be safe, and hell, for fun! :haha:

How long have you ttc. Most docs wont prescribe until 6 months-1 year trying naturally. Clomid works by binding to your cells that signal your brain that you are producing FSH an GNRH... (needed for healthy eggs/follicles and ovulation) and cancels that signal out. So essentially your body would produce much more of those hormones. It does work. I had to go up to 150mg for it to work though. And unfortunately, docs usually wont prescribe that high a dosage right off the bat.
GL and :dust: If you have any more questions, I'm around!

We have been trying since december but, Ive been tracking my ovulation for a while. And I typically skip everyother month. and its hard to determine when I do ovulate because My periods arent regulated. So thats why she suggested Clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->