Womanly issues

lucy_sky

Reaction score
So here I am 24 years old, I got my first period when I was 11, was the end of grade 5....I think it scarred me for life. I was raised by my dad and rarely saw my mom, so I had really never learnt about being a woman. Anyways, 13 years of having my period, I still absolutley hate that time of the month, I get horrible cramps and am on special pain medsfor them, I also take the pill, but even still the week before its due, I go into serious depression about it. I hate having to go to the bathroom to change tampons, I hate having to worry I might leak (even though I haven't yet) I just hate everything about it! Am I the only one who feels this way, I seriously get so angry even thinking about my period, when does a women get used to having to deal with this junk every month?

I don't think any other woman likes getting their period! I kind of had the same experience as you, I got my period in 6th grade and was living with my dad, my mom remarried to a guy we didn't like and hardly got to see her so I kind ofhad to rely on myself to teach me "womanly" things! I get very moody around my period, get mad over every little thing, DH definately knows when it's that time of the month! I wish I could help you more! Just one more thing women have to deal with than men!

I despise it and hate everything about it! I started getting them just around my 12th bday. Every girl couldn't wait to get them and I was the first and wished I hadn't had it. I suppose part and parcel was the fact that it wasn't explained to me properly.

Perhaps the only time I welcomed it was when I experienced the fear of pregnancy a few times at 16. :rofl:

But, still, by far it is not my favorite part of a month. I guess I am close to the point where it will go away at some point as I turn 40 soon.

Thanks girls, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one who hates it. I am anticipating being pregnant so I dont have to have the silly period for at least 9 months :laugh2:

Thanks girls, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one who hates it. I am anticipating being pregnant so I dont have to have the silly period for at least 9 months :laugh2:

Sad thing is, you make up for a few months of the missed periods in postnatal bleeding for x number of weeks after. :rofl:

I am the same. I hate it, I'm normally out of action for at least one day, sometimes more. It's annoying because, to me it feels like it gets in the way of my normal lifestyle.

I am lucky I think though, as my mum went through her menopause at 37 so I've only got 18 years to wait! I want to have my children young anyway. Only thing I will mention is that I will under no circumstances go onto HRT. My mum was put on it and ended up getting breast cancer because of it. I live in fear of breast cancer because of it and hope that the doctors inventing drugs people (dunno what they're called!) will come up with something better.

The thing that gets me is that my boobs are sore for a week and a half before my period and all through my period so don't get much non-sore boobyness. Theyre sore right now, its got to the stage where it actually stings to put my bra on. Doctor just said that I am naturally inclined to getting bad PMS. You can imagine how helpful that is!!
Guys don't understand what its like, its not fair. Wish OH could have a few so I could have a break from them!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->