Women's problems such as PCOS/endometriosis........

jillypoop

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am a bit of a hypochondriac so feel free to ignore me but my period pains have started getting worse the past 5-6 months. Nurofen used to sort me out and i'd just be feeling a bit crap but in the past 6 months or so they have stopped working. I am currently lying on my bed in my pj bottoms and a hoodie with a hot water bottle stuffed down my pants. The bottle is making my tummy feel a bit better but my hips are sore and the bottom of my back is agony, feels like I've been kicked 100 times there and the bruises are coming through if that makes sense.

My cousin has PCOS and I remember when she was first diagnosed she was like me in the fact that I have put some weight on recently, periods are extremely painful, started getting a lot more spots on face, feeling generally crap around that time of the month. I know I should go to the doctors but last time I went he just gave me some tablets for the pain that didn't work and gave me an upset tummy.

grr

I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything more about conditions like PCOS or endometriosis. I know that I'm not just being silly about this because I can deal with pain quite well. I tore a muscle/ligament thing in the bottom of my foot and although that was agony I would rather live with that every day than go through this every month.

Any advice?? OH is at work so texted him to ask him to get some feminax ultra at lunch, not feeling up to going to town for them.

thanks girls
xxx

I have the same problem as you. I find a really hot bath works very well if im in lots of pain. Hope you feel better soon sweetie i know how bad it can be.:hugs:

I can't deal with baths (it sounds silly but nearly drowned a couple of years ago and don't like them) and somehow eating bbq pringles made me feel a bit better. Do feminax ultra make you feel any better? I'm going to get my dad to take me to asda for some but I'm pretty skint and they're quite expensive. OH was going to get some but he didn't have enough money, he felt awful and now I feel bad for making him feel guilty!

I need to find something that stops me from stopping my life for 4-5 days a month.

grr sometimes I wish I was the guy

xxxx

Aww :(
Do you not have any neurofen or co-codamol in the house?

Hiya hun,

I just popped over from LTTTC and seen ur post. I have PCOS so I just wanted to let u know what some of the indicators of PCOS are. Can't help with the endo questions though....

With PCOS, alot of women actually have no periods, or very irregular periods. Without medication I have a period every 4-5 months.

As well as this, women can suffer from acne, facial hair (can be in other places too, but alot of women get it on their faces) and as u say, weight gain which just cannot be shifted.

Generally when I do have a period, I have very little pain so Im not sure if the pain could be classed as a sign of PCOS. If u are worried, a trip to the doctors might help. But I'll be honest and say that u actually sound pretty normal to me. I would give anything to have period pain every month lol Im lucky to get it 3 times a year!

And if it helps, I find Anadin Ultra (the green capsules) to be the best at dealing with period pain. Hope this helps a bit x

I'm the same as you. I tried going to the doctors but they were crap. Feminax work but they make me really drowsy xx

On an ivf forum I'm, I saw several women say that fish oil vitamins is supposed to help endometriosis, you may want to look into that. Fish oil vitamins are very very good for you, so it would do no harm trying them out, I take them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->