Wonder week 12 help?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
My LO has been extra cranky the past couple of days, fights every nap and has HUGE meltdowns because she gets over tired. She's also started to grab toys etc. Some quick googling tells me it's wonder week 12. I remember wonder week 8 being spot on as well. Stupidly I didn't buy the book then. Ordered it now though! Trouble is, I can't wait for it to arrive, I need help now!
So I was wondering if anyone has the book and could look up suggestions of how to deal with ww12 for me? Or tell me what worked for you? I'm desperate to help my little girl settle before she has another meltdown. :(

What are wander weeks?! My baby is 13 weeks old and has always just acted, well, like a baby?!

The Wonder Weeks is a book describing mental leaps (think of them as mental instead of physical growth spurts). It's been spot on for my LO's behaviour twice (week 8 and now 12). For week 8 I found some suggestions of how to help her through it and they really made a difference but I don't know what would be the appropriate response to her week 12 meltdowns. So I'm hoping someone can help?

My LO is still in the midst of WW12 and is behaving exactly the same as yours. Today will be day 6 so I'm hoping it won't last much longer! Over the last few days ive realised that the majority of her meltdowns have been due to tiredness so I've been picking her up and walking around the house with her till she falls asleep and although she screams her head off for the first 5 mins she eventually calms down and falls asleep. If all else fails (its happened a lot this week, I must admit!) I've driven her around for half an hour to give her a little nap!

Apparently week 13 is a sunshine week so hopefully next week will be easier :)

Apparently week 13 is a sunshine week so hopefully next week will be easier :)

God I hope you're right! Fingers crossed you're over the worst of it. For us it's only day 2 and I'm already running out of ideas.

Grrrrrr I hate wonder weeks. I ended up putting LO in a sling as much as possible. If you have an iPhone you can buy the ww app for less than £2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->