Won't settle in his cot!

jackiea85

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Joseph has always slept really well in his moses basket but he was running out of arm room in there. He still has some room lengthways but looked a bit squished widthways. Anyway, we moved his cot into our room Sunday night for him to sleep in and since then he just won't settle. I have to be in the bed next to him and hold his hand through the bars for ages before he will go off. I'm pretty much in bed by 9 every night now just so he will settle!

I put him in his cot for a nap this afternoon and he took ages to settle and woke up after about 10 mins. I gave up and put him in his moses basket and he settled straight away. What should I do, persist with the cot until he gets used to it or should I just assume he isn't ready to go in his cot yet and put him back into the moses basket for a bit longer? Any advice welcome xx

When your changing a baby into there cots from a moses basket it can be scary for them as theres way too much space , mabey try to swaddle him or have a blanket next to him so he feels snug and secure ..

I used to put a shirt of mine with max so he still smelled me next to him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->