• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wont sleep :(

fatponies

Reaction score
My little beaut is now 10days old..:baby::kiss::hugs:

Well the past 2nights little Callum has become "little bugger" lol
We give him his last feed before bed at 11pm, bum change then we put him down. he was up crying until 4am...
(usually goes down str8 after a feed and bum change..)

I've tried everything to settle him and nothing seems to work.
I refuse to rock him to sleep in my arms, i will be making a rod for my own back... but i think would be the only way of getting him to sleep.

he just doesn't seem to want to settle at all at night.. Sleeps like a ROCK in the day.

Any1 have any advice?

Rocking your baby to sleep is not making a rod for your back, that's a load of rubbish. Your baby has spent the last 9 months being rocked to sleep by your movement listening to your heart beat, hes going to struggle to go so sleep in a basket all on his own.

Rocking your baby to sleep is not making a rod for your back, that's a load of rubbish. Your baby has spent the last 9 months being rocked to sleep by your movement listening to your heart beat, hes going to struggle to go so sleep in a basket all on his own.

That was advice from Midwife..
She said its a bad habbit to get in too. ive known a few of my friends do it and still having to do it with there 3yr olds...
so its somthing i dont want to get myself in too

i rocked my little man the first few weeks, stroked him, hand on tummy etc and he doesnt need that now he just nods off and touch wood even resettles himself down occasionally if he does wake. the finger stroke down the nose is good once he's lying down. He does sometimes still need those little reassurances too but only sometimers x

*thread stalk* i asked similar Q in baby club, my LO takes 2 hours to settle after night feed, and she only seems to settle in my arms or on my chest IN MY BED!! oops. not a habit i wanted to get in to....

Midwifes dont know everything, a lot of them have old fashioned out dated views. What's your other choice, leaving him to cry? He's spent the last 9 months tucked up safe and warm in your tummy and now he's in the world with all that space and he's finding it scary. Reassuring him by doing what he finds safe is the best way to teach him that the world is not a scary place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->