Woo hoo!!It went well Girls

BABYCAREY

mummy to a angel
Reaction score
Hi as some of you may know i had my 1st private appointment with my FS earlier this evening!!
He was so lovely!! Couldnt explain enough,he said you have came to me strest,i want you to leave me feelin you know better and understand better meaning you will have less stress,thats why i dont just see you for 5mins and throw you out!lol I take my time!!
He did a scan but cudnt see much so he asked me wud i mind the internal wand,i said please do whatever you feel to check me over!
He said he cudnt find any cysts,and everything looked fine,so brought me bk to desk and we chatted about my history,4 pregnancies 3babies 2 C Sections etc,he said its possible ive scar tissue frm those that cud have put a kink in my tubes,blocked etc,he talked me thru all our possibilities and has decided our 1st treatment should be a hysterosogram(im prob not typin it rite) similair to dye test,to check my tubes,then he wud give me clomid to stimulate my ovarys,he said even tho my Progesterone level was 47.7 with a woman my age and varyin cycles it wud do no harm,so hes goin to try me on that for 6months at 100mg cd 2-6.
He spoke to me about iui ivf etc,but said to give clomid 6months,but he will keep a close eye on me,he warned me about the side effects,ur vision and hyperactive ovary syndrome,but i knew that already
He warned us about multiple pregnancy lol i said its ok im not worried! Im a twin,twins run in my family and they run in my hubbys too!!lmao,he laughed and said oh boy!!lol
He also mentioned to my Hubby a candlelight meal prehaps?J said yeh ok,then he chirped in Spain!!lol
So i have to ring him the day my period comes nxt and he will give me a appointment for my procedure and then a prescription for clomid the following month
I said to my Hubby on way home the best Christmas pressie wud b my BFP!!
I feel so happy rite now!!
XXBabyC

So pleased for you and glad FS was so nice, mine is lovely too and there's nothing better when you're going through this. Fingers crossed the Clomid works asap for you xx

thats fab news hun, glad u had a good appointment and its a shame not all FS are like that x

Thanks so much girls
I had so many Questions to ask him,and was worried he may b the type who r abrupt!!
He was in mid sentence of tellin me bits n pieces and i knew all he meant lol
My hubby said shes been full time online lookin things up Doctor,he just laughed and said have i left out anything Mrs Carey? I said no!Youre grand lol,he laughed and said please trust me i will do my very best for you,we do not have time to play with so i want to help you as much as i can
What a lovely man
Ive heard sum horror stories on here and was a tad worried going, but thankfully i had nothing to worry about after all
Thanks girlies
XXBabyC

Awww you sounds made up, glad your happy with things and good luck!!
I had a hysterosogram today, no need to worry about it, it was fine O:)

:flower: x x x x

Hey Maybe2010
I am so made up!! Cant get over how well it all went!
Do you mind me askin what happens during 1?
He did say to take a painkiller 1hour b4?lol
Thanks xx
How did you get on?Were ur tubes blocked?Did they find anything?

Hey Maybe2010
Thanks xx

No of course.

Well I went in and gave them my sample I had to take in the morning and then she gave me a gown and there was a little room to get changed into (everything needed to be off but bra and jewelry).

Came back out and sat to answer a few questions and sign forms O:)

Hopped on the bed and they move it all, bring the bit above you down to your belly and I think they move you (the bed) upwards and the screen is right there for you to see.

They put the speculum in and have a bit of a poke, then they try to put the tube in the cervix (a bit uncomfortable I didn't really like it haha,) when the tube actually goes in I felt deep period type pains but only for about a minute or two. Apprently it's very similar to a smear but a bit longer and uncomfortable. They were trying this for about 3 minutes cos my cervix kept hiding :dohh: :haha:

Then you can put your legs down in a normal position and they will put the dye in which I didn't feel at all. You then watch the screen and I didn't really feel anything after this.

Once it's finished they tek them spectulum out and then the tube which isn't uncomfortable or anything O:) Oh and give you a pad lol
You go and get dressed. Fini :)

Hope I was detailed? :)

Oh yeah I was going to take paracetamol but I was too busy rushing arund and forgot which I was worried about but since the HSG I've had a few cramps but they haven't really been cramps just little feelings O:)

Yep everything was fab ta, all clear :kiss:

Hey Maybe2010
Thanks xx

No of course.

Well I went in and gave them my sample I had to take in the morning and then she gave me a gown and there was a little room to get changed into (everything needed to be off but bra and jewelry).

Came back out and sat to answer a few questions and sign forms O:)

Hopped on the bed and they move it all, bring the bit above you down to your belly and I think they move you (the bed) upwards and the screen is right there for you to see.

They put the speculum in and have a bit of a poke, then they try to put the tube in the cervix (a bit uncomfortable I didn't really like it haha,) when the tube actually goes in I felt deep period type pains but only for about a minute or two. Apprently it's very similar to a smear but a bit longer and uncomfortable. They were trying this for about 3 minutes cos my cervix kept hiding :dohh: :haha:

Then you can put your legs down in a normal position and they will put the dye in which I didn't feel at all. You then watch the screen and I didn't really feel anything after this.

Once it's finished they tek them spectulum out and then the tube which isn't uncomfortable or anything O:) Oh and give you a pad lol
You go and get dressed. Fini :)

Hope I was detailed? :)

Oh yeah I was going to take paracetamol but I was too busy rushing arund and forgot which I was worried about but since the HSG I've had a few cramps but they haven't really been cramps just little feelings O:)

Yep everything was fab ta, all clear :kiss:
Morning Maybe
Thanks very much!! That was the detail i wanted!!lol
He did say last nite to take a painkiller 1hour b4 the procedure!!
I hope i dont forget!!lol Isnt it amazing what we r willin to go thru to have our little babies?lol I was chattin to a friend the other day and said for years you try not to get pregnant and then when you are tryin you cant get pregnant!! So unfair!!
For once in a long long time i cant wait for my period to come!!lol
Roll on October!!!!
Thanks so much again
XX BabyC

Hey babycarey, just wanted to say that is fantastic news about FS. It always helps when they are nice and understanding. Good luck with clomid and HSG. I had one in January and although i found it quite uncomfortable i am really glad i got it done. Just make sure you take the painkillers an hour before as it will help :thumbup: xxx

Hey babycarey, just wanted to say that is fantastic news about FS. It always helps when they are nice and understanding. Good luck with clomid and HSG. I had one in January and although i found it quite uncomfortable i am really glad i got it done. Just make sure you take the painkillers an hour before as it will help :thumbup: xxx

Hiya Chloe
Thanks very much xx
Im actually lookin forward to havin this done!!
Im tryin not to pin all my hopes on this tho!! Becus it may not b my only prob,but im still so glad to be on the road to doin somethin and not waiting!!
I didnt realise our tubes are just like a strand of hair and can get blocked easily!
My FS told us last nite by goin private we have saved at least 6month wait to see him plus maybe another 5 waitin for procedure!Like he said i dont have time on my side,and obviously as time passes my eggs are nearin their best before date so to speak! *wink wink*
Im so glad he seems to be carin and sympathetic with my age!!
XXBabyC

Hiya Chloe
Thanks very much xx
Im tryin not to pin all my hopes on this tho!! Becus it may not b my only prob,but im still so glad to be on the road to doin somethin and not waiting!!
I didnt realise our tubes are just like a strand of hair and can get blocked easily!
My FS told us last nite by goin private we have saved at least 6month wait to see him plus maybe another 5 waitin for procedure!Like he said i dont have time on my side,and obviously as time passes my eggs are nearin their best before date so to speak! *wink wink*
XXBabyC

We are on the waitng list for ivf but we have decided to go private as the waiting time is about 20 months at the moment. The good thing is DH and i have had everything done on the NHS so we are ready for treatment now. We have our 1st private consultation in October and we are going to try iui a few times before moving on to ivf.

Its great that you have saved months by going private, it sounds as though he is a fantastic doctor and is willing to do everything to help you. I really hope you get your much deserved BFP soon :flower:

hi babycarey

your situation is exactly the same as mine. i went for my 1st fs appt yesterday. went through medicl history etc. i have to have a hsg and i am waiting for AF to hurry up so i can get on with the procedure. i didnt know they are thin as a strand of hair! wow no wonder they can get bit blocked. I also having bloods for progesterone.

maybe we can keep in touch with it all?

good luck and thanks to maybe for her detailed account. i feel better knowing bit by bit what goes on. :hugs:

Hiya Chloe
Thanks very much xx
XXBabyC

We are on the waitng list for ivf but we have decided to go private as the waiting time is about 20 months at the moment. The good thing is DH and i have had everything done on the NHS so we are ready for treatment now. We have our 1st private consultation in October and we are going to try iui a few times before moving on to ivf.

Its great that you have saved months by going private, it sounds as though he is a fantastic doctor and is willing to do everything to help you. I really hope you get your much deserved BFP soon :flower:

Hello Chloe
Can i ask how long it will b goin private compared to IVF?
Im unsure about IVF,im 40!! Plus the cost!! Why is it so expensive?Arrrgh
Yes my FS is lovely! He really took his time last nite with us,he explained everythin in great detail too! Seemingly this is our best route to go down,he wont b doin a x-ray he will b doin it thru ultrasound,he doesnt think its good for women to have scans there when already findin it difficult to concieve. I just cant wait!!lol
Good luck with ur appointment in October its only few weeks away!!
Keep us posted
XXBabyC

hi babycarey

your situation is exactly the same as mine. i went for my 1st fs appt yesterday. went through medicl history etc. i have to have a hsg and i am waiting for AF to hurry up so i can get on with the procedure. i didnt know they are thin as a strand of hair! wow no wonder they can get bit blocked. I also having bloods for progesterone.

maybe we can keep in touch with it all?

good luck and thanks to maybe for her detailed account. i feel better knowing bit by bit what goes on. :hugs:

Hiya Bex
Its good to have somebody for company whos goin thru same stages!!
My period shud b here around Oct 13th! For once in a long long time i cant wait to see "The Witch" lol
Yes our tubes are thah fine!!Hard to believe isnt it!But wud xplain how easy they cud get blocked on us! Especially as ive has 2 sections,and scar tissue cud have done it!
Im just happy to b finally on the road so to speak! 1month ago i wudnt have thought we wud b in this posioion now! I really was dreadin waiting so long to see my FS!
It was real good of Maybe to write all that down,i actually feel better knowin whats ahead. My FS said last night he wud do mine without x-ray it will be with ultrasound
Heres to Oct and gettin our pipes cleared out for winter *wink wink*
XXBabyC

We can get ivf in 2 months by going private. iui is about 6 weeks depending on your cycles obviously. We are definately going to try iui first as we are "unexplained". Also we are both 30, don't smoke and a healthy weight so i am hoping we have a fair chance with iui before trying ivf.

Also the cost of iui is between £700-£900 and ivf is £3000-£5000. This is going by the price list that the clinic gave to us x

We can get ivf in 2 months by going private. iui is about 6 weeks depending on your cycles obviously. We are definately going to try iui first as we are "unexplained". Also we are both 30, don't smoke and a healthy weight so i am hoping we have a fair chance with iui before trying ivf.

Also the cost of iui is between £700-£900 and ivf is £3000-£5000. This is going by the price list that the clinic gave to us x

Thanks for that Chloe xx
Im not sure if we cud afford IVF at the min!:nope:
He did mention iui and icsi,but didnt think it was for us as he didnt think my hubby had prob with S A,so im obv the problem. :nope:
Its a lotta £!! Is that per treatment/cycle?
XX

hi im glad you got on well and dont worry about the hsg, i have been quoted £3500 by my clinic for ivf and theres a four week wait, im hoping there will be some embryos to freeze if so and we use them for another cycle the next ivf cycle will cost us £1500 because it doesnt involve the cost of meds beforehand and egg collection

hi im glad you got on well and dont worry about the hsg, i have been quoted £3500 by my clinic for ivf and theres a four week wait, im hoping there will be some embryos to freeze if so and we use them for another cycle the next ivf cycle will cost us £1500 because it doesnt involve the cost of meds beforehand and egg collection

Its amazin how quickly we can be seen when we show the cash!!
It can b so expensive cant it?
I think everybody shud b allowed 1 try free on NHS!Then pay for rest!
Good luck with trying xx
Keep me posted!!

Good to see it went so well BabyCarey - don't you just feel so much better knowing you've got this nice man on your side and being active about helping you.

Money talks!!

Hey, read some of your posts before - glad you got on well and the ball is rolling now! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->